And people say its getting harder to get on the property ladder??

In 1982 me and my then hubby bought a 3 bed semi in Hillsborough for 16,500!

This one looks nicer

3 bedroom property for sale

£6,000

Old Hall Drive, Manchester,

You have to worry about this bit

The property was not internally inspected by Allsop. The following information was provided by the Vendor. We understand the property provides:

It then goes on to say it is rented out, hmmmm, I wander if they are squatters?

And just ten years before that £21K bought us a nice 3bed detached house, I feel for the young people of today.

Exactly, at least if you had a job in those days then you got a decent home.

I even read that in 1984 an every home was 24k, and that miners (with overtime) were earning £400 - £500 a week :o even a manual job at British Steel was apparently well paid.

Can you imagine, a years salary and you could buy a home? (and not one that the OP has shown)

To put it in laymans terms, in 1997 a terrace at Walkley was £16,000 - now its about £150,000, a place at Hunters Bar was about £40,000 - now £175,000. How on earth can someone pay for a home like that unless you earn 50k per annum?

Before some bright spark says "wages have gone up pro rata" - no they haven't, and anyone who claims they have is talking out of their bottom

This one looks nicer

3 bedroom property for sale

£6,000

Old Hall Drive, Manchester,

Can imagine you would have lovely neighbours

Exactly, at least if you had a job in those days then you got a decent home.

I even read that in 1984 an every home was 24k, and that miners (with overtime) were earning £400 - £500 a week :o even a manual job at British Steel was apparently well paid.

Can you imagine, a years salary and you could buy a home? (and not one that the OP has shown)

To put it in laymans terms, in 1997 a terrace at Walkley was £16,000 - now its about £150,000, a place at Hunters Bar was about £40,000 - now £175,000. How on earth can someone pay for a home like that unless you earn 50k per annum?

Before some bright spark says "wages have gone up pro rata" - no they haven't, and anyone who claims they have is talking out of their bottom

I would agree with that, could you imagine if houses and wages did the same over the 10 to 20 years, average wage £40K average house £1 million

You have to worry about this bit

It then goes on to say it is rented out, hmmmm, I wander if they are squatters?

Not necessarily. It might just be a property to which T has refused L (and L's valuer) access for inspection.

Maybe it's occupied on a long-term (or Rent Act 1977) Letting Agreement.