Parcel delivery job

iv see loads of people who do this job, go around delivering parcels. I have looked on the internet but cant find anything, so does any body know were you can apply for this, or business thats looking for a deliverer? cheers Danny

I've seen this kind of job advertised on the direct.gov website eg

MULTI DROP DELIVERY DRIVER

Vacancy from

Job No:CVD/102447SOC Code:8212Wage£2000 TO £3000 PER MONTHHours45 HOURS OVER 5 DAYSLocationSHEFFIELD AND SURROUNDING AREA S9DurationPermanentDate posted24 January 2012Pension detailsNo details held

Description

This is a self employed vacancy. Applicant must have a full driving licence to drive vehicles up to 3.5 tonne. Experience within the Multi-Drop Delivery sector is essential, in excess of 70 stops per day. Duties include deliveries and collections within a region, scanning and logging of parcels in depot prior to deliveries and on return. Will be required to provide a vehicle, fuel insurance sufficient for the role for example a Transit Van, alternatively these can be provided by the company at a cost. The company has given an assurance that this vacancy enables workers to achieve a wage equivalent to the National Minimum Wage rate. Self-employed people are responsible for paying their own National Insurance contributions and Tax. All damages will be passed on to the driver for payment and these can be negotiate in a payment plan.

How to apply

You can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to Recruitment Line at Agile Support Services Limited, drivers@agile.uk.com.

Employer

Agile Support Services Limited

I know someone who did this, covered a whole ward pretty much. I forget the name of the company but I'll find out if you're desperate.

It sounded awful, quit very very soon after, you get 60p a package and about 25 packages a day.

£7.20 doesn't cover the petrol costs and for over a few hours work it's absolutely shocking.

And if they weren't in you had to go back later on so think how many people are going to be out on your first route (they have to be signed for), so you have to go back out and deliver again, and again until everyone is eventually in their houses so your shift could last the whole day.

The wages don't even cover the petrol, oh and if you get pulled up and you don't have business insurance on your car (another cost) then you're done for driving uninsured.

It's an absolute scandal.

some are franchises, you put quite a few grand up...............you get the picture?

It's like anything, you get out what you put in, anybody looking at this as I quick rich quick, forget it, you wanna work hard and long hours, then you could make it pay.

It's like anything, you get out what you put in, anybody looking at this as I quick rich quick, forget it, you wanna work hard and long hours, then you could make it pay.

A bit like being a taxi driver then. 3 days to cover expenses and 2 days for income.