Cant believe its not 500g

Radio 4 talked about it a couple of years ago. You get less Fish fingers in a box and the weight of mince in a packet were just a couple of the examples then mentioned.

It's the cost of sugar, that's the very cheapest own brand pop is usually diet.

Sugar price has been falling recently.

Iceland coca cola in a 3L bottle has been changing from £1.78 to £1.50 to £1.78 to 2 for £3 back to £1.78 over the past 4 months.

One to note was imperial leather soap, I recall buying 6 bars for £2 a couple of years ago, some of them got thrown into a cupboard, I pulled them out the other day. They are the 125g bars. Now you get 2, 100g bars for something daft like £1. I have to stack the smaller bars on the top of the big ones in my bathroom, else they would topple over.

One to note was imperial leather soap, I recall buying 6 bars for £2 a couple of years ago, some of them got thrown into a cupboard, I pulled them out the other day. They are the 125g bars. Now you get 2, 100g bars for something daft like £1. I have to stack the smaller bars on the top of the big ones in my bathroom, else they would topple over.

Another thing that I find with Imperial leather is that it seems softer and doesn't last as long. Also can you remember how the little label used to last on the soap right till the end ? well it doesn't any more :rant:

Sainsbury naan breads seem to have shrunk an awful lot lately.

Another thing that I find with Imperial leather is that it seems softer and doesn't last as long. Also can you remember how the little label used to last on the soap right till the end ? well it doesn't any more :rant:

http://imageshack.us/f/687/photo0362m.jpg/

Just took a picture of two big bars and two small bars, one of each in packet and one of each slightly used.

The label does fall off as you say so, back in the day of big soap when people in the UK could afford to wash, you could put the bar of soap upside down so it balanced on the sticker and it would stop the soap from transferring onto the surface it was placed!

I can believe it’s not butter. It tastes like crap

http://imageshack.us/f/687/photo0362m.jpg/

Just took a picture of two big bars and two small bars, one of each in packet and one of each slightly used.

The label does fall off as you say so, back in the day of big soap when people in the UK could afford to wash, you could put the bar of soap upside down so it balanced on the sticker and it would stop the soap from transferring onto the surface it was placed!

I don't know which is sadder, you for uploading pictures of soap or me for looking at them.

jb

I don't know which is sadder, you for uploading pictures of soap or me for looking at them.

jb

The sad thing is, many people don't seem to be too fussed by this inflation. And living standards fall.

If everybody were pedantic tight arsed bar stewards like me, the cost of living would be a lot less.

I agree that everything.is getting smaller bit price stays the same. What I want.to know is what.happens when they reduce the size that much it disappears - Oh I know they repackage to the original size and advertise as 'New and improved' and double the price!

Big Kit Kats used to have five fingers in them now they only have four I suppose we have been being ripped of for quite a while now.

The ones in Norfolk had 6.

You'll know you're being ripped off when you get a 2-fingered Kit Kat.:hihi:

The holes in Polo Mints are getting bigger, so not everything is shrinking.