Do you pay cash in hand for a discount?

Cash in hand?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Cash in hand?

• Yes
    • No

Do you mind diddling the taxman and taking money away from schools, hospitals and front line police in these times of austerity?

Do you moan about government cuts while turning a blind eye in return for your cash in the hand discount?

Cash in hand: Do you? Would you? Should you?

From the Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/tax/9043087/Paying-cash-in-hand-is-diddling-the-country-says-HMRCs-Dave-Hartnett.html

its happening all the time and not just the low paid doing it look at harry redknapp :hihi:

Liar Liar yer bums on fire

No reference to what you actually paid cash for Tony :hihi::hihi:

You've been peeking again!

its happening all the time and not just the low paid doing it look at harry redknapp :hihi:

Just look at Labour MP's, supposed to lead by example but couldn't keep their snouts out of the trough.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by shand1
delete

I think that the link between honest hard work and financial reward has been broken, and so for that reason I see nothing wrong with a worker fiddling his/her taxes.

When you have a situation as we have now where benefits are to be capped at 26k per anum (35k after tax) and there is uproar from the liberal elite, it shows just how much the link between hard work and reward has been broken over the past few years.

Look at the bank bonuses for failure, another example.

Other examples could be the rise of the compensation culture, where the scroungers get large payouts, and yet the honest motorist gets hit with 40% increases every year on insurance. People have to fiddle taxes to be able to live

10 or 15 years ago, I would have said you should pay the taxes you owe, but that was more a time when hard work and reward, went together like a large poo in a toilet.

I think capping benefits is a good start to rewarding hard work and endevour, I also believe the tax threshold should be raised to about 12k per annum, when these two things happen, then yes, people should be more honest with there taxes.

Until that time comes, as far as I'm concerned, there is nothing wrong with fidlling your earnings

I used to pay cash for a discount but no more! As for services such as builders etc I now pay only on producing a full invoice on a letter headed paper. I have been ripped of so many times and cannot get the people concerned back that now I pay in full in exchange for the paper work needed to sue if they don't meet their obligations.

As for fiddling my income then maybe to an extent. I need at times credit and when I do it goes into ooo's. To get the credit I need I need to show a reasonable income which will involve paying tax and NI. But putting this to one side anything over say £15k income I would be tempted. Fiddling under £15k a year could cause an audit and unless you are really clever at covering your tracks you could get caught.

I pay for a job to be done.................what/how the person does with it, is up too him, declare or not.

Me too. I will haggle a bit and round it down but still expect a receipt.

Me too. I will haggle a bit and round it down but still expect a receipt.

The receipt is the difference..to me cash in hand means no receipt,no questions asked..have I got it wrong?

No, you're right, the phrase "cash in hand" usually means no receipt and undeclared earnings.