Advent Vega. your thoughts?

If it's just going to be a 'play' thing/gadget (as it is for me) and you don't need it for professional or semi-professional purposes, it's a no-brainer.

I considered many models at the time (admittedly around the 2.2 Android release, so in "Android/tablets chronology", a good while back :D) - and while there are undoubtedly much better tablets these days (performance, screen, ease of upgradeability), for just browsing/surfing, media playing, a bit of gaming/emu (incl. N64/PSX at very respectable speed/quality) and reading, you don't need to spend more. It'll still be light-years ahead of the chinaclones doing the rounds on eBay at that price point (even though it is a rebadged chinaclone...just a very good one ;))

But then that's just my £0.02, based on hands-on experience and 10+ years of tablet/touschcreen PC ownership (Fujitsu pencentra, LTs...look them up, for a bit of 'history' about tablet PCs - they've been around a looong time).

Edited by L00b

ye it will be for facebook and web browsing and also emial.

something to just laze around with.

The problem is the terrible screen - its dull and low res - the Touch Pad is far superiour for not much more cash.

The problem is the terrible screen - its dull and low res - the Touch Pad is far superiour for not much more cash.

it only becomes a problem if you tilt it. your going to be looking at the screen head on anyway so its not a problem for me.

i dont want something too high spec, just want something basic with a brand name.

it only becomes a problem if you tilt it. your going to be looking at the screen head on anyway so its not a problem for me.

i dont want something too high spec, just want something basic with a brand name.

Well, its your choice, but the screen really is bad.

You could get one of these for £169 which has a lovely screen and will easily do what you want it for

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/ipad-and-tablets/blackberry-playbook-tablet

Well, its your choice, but the screen really is bad.

You could get one of these for £169 which has a lovely screen and will easily do what you want it for

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/ipad-and-tablets/blackberry-playbook-tablet

would i be right in thinking you need to connect a blackberry to that to use most of the services?

minds made up. Advent Vega is what i want. wil be rooting it to the VegaComb 3.2 Honeyice

minds made up. Advent Vega is what i want. wil be rooting it to the VegaComb 3.2 Honeyice

tbh, I think your mind was made up before you started this thread.

tbh, I think your mind was made up before you started this thread.

kinda wasnt which is why i made this thread but after furthermore reading and watching videos, i have made it up now.

would i be right in thinking you need to connect a blackberry to that to use most of the services?

You said it was for ' it will be for facebook and web browsing and also emial'

I believe the forthcoming software update sorts out the other issues and should add Andoird app support.

I don't mind really, I have an iPad - better than either of them!

Heres the news on the playbook update

http://phandroid.com/2012/01/31/blackberry-playbook-os-2-0-update-coming-next-month-runtime-for-android-lets-users-run-android-apps-and-games/

Edited by ElasticMan