Canary Islands - what to do?

Hi All, my O/H wants to whisk me away to the Canary Islands for some Winter sun, to stay in a wonderfully modern hotel with a big pool looking over the ocean. :gag:

He obviously dosen't know me very well.

Which Island has the most to do on it to aleviate my bordem while he works on his tan?

Tours, history, sights, water activites, hiking, etc?

Hi All, my O/H wants to whisk me away to the Canary Islands for some Winter sun, to stay in a wonderfully modern hotel with a big pool looking over the ocean. :gag:

Which Island has the most to do on it to aleviate my bordem while he works on his tan?

Tours, history, sights, water activites, hiking, etc?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Sorry:blush:

Is that underwater volcano still active in the area? That would be a once in a lifetime thing to see.

Always lowering the tone nothing wrong with a bit of W/S (Watersport).

Diving, waterskiing and fishing I am sure you can do them all in the Canaries

;)

Better go to Thailand for those things. Rather than buy package, create your own. I've stayed there for 3 weeks in top class accom. for under £1500, visited temples, met a monk, massage every day, mingled with the locals and made a lot of new friends visited paradise beaches and so on. It can be done if you put your mind to it and worth the additional spend 10 x over.

Edited by samuk1000

whoops, I forgot. English people don't like the water, do they? :blush:

Always lowering the tone nothing wrong with a bit of W/S (Watersport). Diving, waterskiing and fishing I am sure you can do them all in the Canaries

;)

Im sorry. Its a compulsion:D

whoops, I forgot. English people don't like the water, do they? :blush:

How the hell would i know?

Im half italian and the other half is made up of irish travellers.

I count myself as English tho, but im one of the ones who does use soap:cool::D

Would you prefer jewelry instead? Maybe a nice ring or pearl necklace?

Would you prefer jewelry instead? Maybe a nice ring or pearl necklace?

And you say I lower the tone??:hihi:

Better go to Thailand for those things. Rather than buy package, create your own. I've stayed there for 3 weeks in top class accom. for under £1500, visited temples, met a monk, massage every day, mingled with the locals and made a lot of new friends visited paradise beaches and so on. It can be done if you put your mind to it and worth the additional spend 10 x over.

Thats what I ususally do. I go on holidays with a return ticket and 1st night accommodation, then wing it from there.

I cant think of anything worse for a holiday than sunbaking all week.

I think that there is so much diversity in the world and I want to experience as much of it as possible. Why lay on a beach all day? I could have done that at home when I lived 2 minutes from a gorgeous beach in Queensland.

I've been to Fuerteventura and Lanzarote the past 2 winters. They're much of a muchness except that Fuerteventura is windier, hence its name. They're both quite flat and without tourism there wouldn't be anything much on the islands. Tenerife has a mountain apparently and is better for getting away from the coastal resorts, but I haven't been. The Canaries don't get that hot at this time of year - 20, 21C at best - but it's still t-shirt and shorts weather with a breeze. I found myself just hanging round the resort and relaxing in bars and cafes. It's ideal for that if you go at this time of year and just want some winter sun at a cheap price.