Advertising or sales person

Hello All,

Just after some tips here really, I get most of my work through recommendations, returning clients and the occasional job from my SEO (I'm a software developer/Web designer, just thought I would add that).

However I'm looking at increasing my sales, and considering either going with Yell.com or maybe getting a sales guy in to work on a commission base part time.

I did notice that because Yell are offering web design now, they have given themselves a sponsored listing above all other web designers... to me, that seems quite annoying, as they are treading on there clients toes!, so chances are I will be staying away from yell anyway.

Any tips would be great, or if you know of any sales guys that may be interested

I know there is a tele-sales company in town (a new one) with an excellent reputation (considering it is a recent startup) for generating new leads in innovative ways. I will find out the name and number and update this thread at a later time. The CEO/boss is called Jonny, that's all I can remember right now. But it's a legit and high integrity operation (limited liability company and so on), with some sort of gov and investor backing if I can remember.

Edited by Karis
Edited for self promotion.

Hello All,

Just after some tips here really, I get most of my work through recommendations, returning clients and the occasional job from my SEO (I'm a software developer/Web designer, just thought I would add that).

However I'm looking at increasing my sales, and considering either going with Yell.com or maybe getting a sales guy in to work on a commission base part time.

I did notice that because Yell are offering web design now, they have given themselves a sponsored listing above all other web designers... to me, that seems quite annoying, as they are treading on there clients toes!, so chances are I will be staying away from yell anyway.

Any tips would be great, or if you know of any sales guys that may be interested

i might know sales people, I train them so i could pass them on to you? depends what you do too PM if you like

thanks

Thank you for your messages and PMs just reading though them now and will get back shortly

I do my own SEO and websites and I know that there are people and businesses that will not look to the internet when they have close relationships with people already involved in those disciplines.

I am looking to take on sales people now i have my suppliers and systems in place. Internet advertising is one thing, traditional marketing is another and I think the same applies to you.

There are loads of businesses out there that are still in the dark about the power of the internet and the only way you are going to meet them is face to face.

considering either going with Yell.com

You must be crazy Yell.com advertise your company as well as your competitors on 20-30 different pages and charge a fortune so that would be a very bad move.

Where do you rank in Google? as that route is best for any web design company especially if you offer SEO yourself.

Sales person on commission is your best bet providing you have time to train them of course.

Thanks guys, Sales approach it is, feed back about Yell has been 100% negative... not to mention they stick their own web design advert above everyone else as a sponsored link!

With regards to my SEO, I have a couple of clients that are doing well with some strong keywords, mine is slowly creeping up but will soon put a lot more effort into my own SEO

David, you have some nice designs their, just thought i would mention : )