This is what's up with banks

££££££££££££££££

Edited by shand1
delete

I've had this with a couple of online poker sites. Need nothing but your debit card to make a deposit, however to make a withdrawal one wanted me to send them my passport, 2 original utility bills and drivers licence by post! The other wanted high res photos of passport, DL, card used to depoisit (front and back). Both claimed this was for age verification and neither could answer the question why they had accepted I was over 18 when making the deposit and playing but were'nt sure when it came to a withdrawal.

It's basically a scam to keep you playing and not let you withdraw your winnings.

I phoned them 18 times to chat about their policy! I deposited £20 with my switch card in 2008 to get a 200% deposit bonus and rpoints back, how they expect me to still have that card I don't know! I won £50 with that first deposit and didn't realise until a year later when I played it I won £200 and they paid that out no trouble, they sent me an email last week giving me £10 free play and I won the PJP yet they wanted the card details from 2008 to verify who I am :rant:

No idea, I made the statement without bothering to check my facts.

Don’t worry, your`re not on your own.

No, I'll tell you what's wrong with banks.

In recent years, I've been 'invited' in as my current account had 'rather a lot of money in it'. (It didn't). I told them I was all ISAd up, consider stocks and shares to be the equivalent of walking into Ladbrokes and asked what their 'financial advisors' would suggest.

The first time, they said I 'ought to get payment protection insurance' (PPI)

The second time, they suggested Critical Illness Cover.

And, just before Christmas I was involved in the ATM scam at Crosspool. They cancelled my card, arranged another one and asked if I wanted to take out card insurance.

As anybody knows, each of these are commission-heavy wastes of time.

And later this year, my endowment mortgage is finished and I expect to pay thousands of pounds as they've managed to turn a very modest investment into a loss over 25 years.

What was once a (fairly) noble profession is now peopled with the equivalent of dodgy car dealers with no concern for the well-being of their customers. So it's not just Hester and Goodwin. I consider all bank employees to be further down the social order than paedophiles.

I'd forgotten about that grafikhaus74 the small sticker on your card when it's re-issued with the phone number to 'activate' it... they tell you your bank has asked them to explain card protection to you which could easily convince some people to take out extra worthless protection!

You could just open one online, it would only take 5-10 minutes.

jb

:( no can do. A new customer must show proof of ID and a utility as proof of address :confused::confused::loopy:

On another note - international banking. Total con. Money can disappear on route from account a to account b with no redress at all.

The banking industry as gone down hill in recent years it's wrong that you can't just walk in and get the service you need. Staff aren't trained properly these days and you always need to speak to someone else. And this money laundering thing as got so out of hand.

I was doing transactions with someone that I used to work with in the bank and had to provide id. She's known me over 20 years. Stayed. At my house regularly but her word that I am who I say I am isn't good enough.

Same thing at the solicitors when my mum died, the solicitor dealt with my mums divorce when I was twelve and I have only ever used him. He recognises my voice straight away on the phone, but this again isn't good enough. He knows were I live he diid all the paperwork.

World is going mad and I don't think we will stop it.

Political correct ness identification - that's progress of us all wasn't life a lot simpler without computers.

Don't get me wrong I love gadgets .

Edited by Dee01
Phone acting up

I consider all bank employees to be further down the social order than paedophiles.

Not over reacting there then.

I was doing transactions with someone that I used to work with in the bank and had to provide id. She's known me over 20 years. Stayed. At my house regularly but her word that I am who I say I am isn't good enough.

She may know you but people further down the line don’t know you …… she could have processed your transaction and it could still have been stopped if everything was done correctly.

My wife used to work in a bank and even she couldn’t cash a cheque for me because it dint have my “full” name on it ……… she knew who the cheque was from, she obviously knew me :hihi: but she also knew that the cheque would still be rejected further down the line.

There's some pretty moronic responses on here. Over regulation of retail banking is to blame; not computers or poorly trained staff.

With regards to the OP, Google KYC - Know Your Customer".

No, I'll tell you what's wrong with banks.

In recent years, I've been 'invited' in as my current account had 'rather a lot of money in it'. (It didn't). I told them I was all ISAd up, consider stocks and shares to be the equivalent of walking into Ladbrokes and asked what their 'financial advisors' would suggest.

The first time, they said I 'ought to get payment protection insurance' (PPI)

The second time, they suggested Critical Illness Cover.

And, just before Christmas I was involved in the ATM scam at Crosspool. They cancelled my card, arranged another one and asked if I wanted to take out card insurance.

As anybody knows, each of these are commission-heavy wastes of time.

And later this year, my endowment mortgage is finished and I expect to pay thousands of pounds as they've managed to turn a very modest investment into a loss over 25 years.

What was once a (fairly) noble profession is now peopled with the equivalent of dodgy car dealers with no concern for the well-being of their customers. So it's not just Hester and Goodwin. I consider all bank employees to be further down the social order than paedophiles.

What a massively offensive, dumb and idiotic post. Clearly you have zero appreciation of the variety of roles within a bank so you'll just choose to insult everyone. I just find it weird that you demonstrate some weird empathy with paedophiles.

Edited by brianthedog
Swearing is not acceptable, although idiot is not swearing.