South Yorkshire Police helicopter MEGATHREAD (excl. sightings)

Do you agree that the Police helicopter should be scrapped?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree that the Police helicopter should be scrapped?

• Yes I agree
    • No I don't
    • I don't care
    • I''m a criminal, so I do agree

That will reduce the traffic on this site by at least 90% :D

I'm assuming that the Twitter feed is intended to answer questions about what the copper chopper is doing in X.. place. I can't help but feel though, that public money could better be used than to send several million pounds of chopper and crew to incidents such as:

"Youths throwing items at passing cars, no damage. Youths found, officers directed and youths taken home and spoken to"

And these sorts of things can only serve to question how much better a helicopter is than a simple patrol car:

"Parsons Cross area, search for nuisance off road motorcycle, parks and open areas checked, no trace."

:thumbsup:Nice one, I saw the helicopter and police cars in the Upperthorpe area last night and wondered what was going off, I hope its that children's enduro style machine that's been recovered; it's been tear-arsing across the Ponderosa for the last few years, so glad its been dealt with before someone was run down.

Thanks for the info GrahamY:thumbsup:

where i live, the copper chopper might as well just land and wait1 its always around here, every night without fail... be nice to see what as actually gone off instead of just hearing the chopper.

In Parsons cross. 3:02pm

Person shot on t'cliffe. 3:15pm

Responding to car chase on Manor, suspects involved in earlier shooting. 3:20pm

Multiple police cars destroyed by IEDs 3:30pm

Helicopter destroyed by RPG over Burngreave 3:33pm

Twitter feed no longer active.

Good thing they have a time lag, for both POLICE security and the longterm future of SF.

shame they cant launch rockets against the off road bikes, save chasing em catching em and letting em go every time. one shot.....booom!

'Whoops prices identified on Donuts at Handsworth Asda. Officers directed and donuts taken down the station.'