South Yorkshire Police helicopter MEGATHREAD (excl. sightings)

Do you agree that the Police helicopter should be scrapped?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree that the Police helicopter should be scrapped?

• Yes I agree
    • No I don't
    • I don't care
    • I''m a criminal, so I do agree

There seems a be a Police Helicopter fetish on the forum. many a thread with "what was the police helicopter doing over ....." or Did anyone spot the police helicopter over ......., i wonder why they were there?" For god's sake, they were after someone!!!!!!!! Now stop it...you're giving my arse a headache! :hihi:

Maybe people are tracking it to see if there is a set pattern so that they could lay in wait with a missile launcher.

Agree too many of these threads.

Looking for hot lofts, basiclly people growing bud, isnt Sharrow the area where all those Chinese got caught with loads of crops ?

Looking for hot lofts, basiclly people growing bud, isnt Sharrow the area where all those Chinese got caught with loads of crops ?

Yeah they were running round in circles :hihi:

and you need to get a sense of humour!

I think you may have misinterpreted my post :)

Yeah they were running round in circles :hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Nowt new there with the SYP then m8 :hihi:

Maybe you should write to SYP and state that you don't want a police presence or assistance in your area between the hours of 0000hrs and 0600hrs.

I'm sure that given the public service cuts they will be more than keen to not resource another undesirable/cheap/crime ridden area of the city to deal with other issues in the city at night?

Surely you ARE really having a laugh or if not, you really have lost the plot!

Failing that....MOVE!

Oh my god! Calm down <removed> I asked a non-judgmental question. I was INTERESTED in what the helicopter does. That's it. Nothing do do with what time burglars do their work or anything else for that matter. Or anything to do with undesirable/desirable or anything else for that matter of areas. So you kindly MOVE ... off this thread.

Thank you for the useful answers other posters. I am having a crummy afternoon and can really do without all the smart asses on here.

Edited by Andy
Maskes swearing removed

It's over my area alot. I suspect it is looking for twockers rather than drugs over here. And Sharrow is an ok area to live, it's just what you like.

Thank you for all the answers - I'll still be annoyed though!

I bet you'll be annoyed when they catch someone who's nicked your car at 3 in the morning then?

Oh my god! Calm down FFS. I asked a non-judgmental question. I was INTERESTED in what the helicopter does. That's it. Nothing do do with what time burglars do their work or anything else for that matter. Or anything to do with undesirable/desirable or anything else for that matter of areas. So you kindly MOVE ... off this thread.

Thank you for the useful answers other posters. I am having a crummy afternoon and can really do without all the smart asses on here.

Some people I think come on here just to be a smart ass. There is a programme on the telly about SY99. It was called eye in the sky or something. It was quite interesting seeing the helicopter whizzing around over Sheffield.

yes comes over parson cross/wadsley bridge evey night between 2.30 ans 3 oclock waking us all up

We had an incident on my road. The Helicopter was trying to heat sense into a flat over the road. It nearly landed on my roof. Was on the phone to my mum at the time. She could hardly hear me and kept shouting to go hide under the stairs with the cat. Thats my close encounter with the heli. I also hate it when it's light beam flashes through the curtains and wakes you up. My curtains are to thin.