Is it curtains for Ed Miliband as Labour leader? "I'll give him a year"

he is a dead man walking. there is no way back as there was never a chance he would lead labour to victory. he is another Kinnock while his brother was another Blair.

labour have 2 years at best to do something or they will be obliterated if Scotland decides to become independent.

he is a dead man walking. there is no way back as there was never a chance he would lead labour to victory. he is another Kinnock while his brother was another Blair.

labour have 2 years at best to do something or they will be obliterated if Scotland decides to become independent.

It is said that Camerons advisors are telling him to lay off Miliband in case he gets replaced by someone who is less of a loser.:D

I think a year is more time than Cameron will get to be honest

Ed Miliband is the best thing to happen to the Labour Party for years - hope he stays as Labour leader for the next twenty years

I think a year is more time than Cameron will get to be honest

If you really believe that you should get down to the bookies and put a bet on as you can currently get 14/1 on "Cameron not leading the Conservatives into the next election"

On the other hand you can only get 7/4 on Miliband and Labour.

But of course you don't probably don't believe what you post anyway.

Ed Miliband is the best thing to happen to the Labour Tory Party for years - hope he stays as Labour leader for the next twenty years

Was this what you meant to say?

I think jezz449 was being sarcastic. :D

If you really believe that you should get down to the bookies and put a bet on as you can currently get 14/1 on "Cameron not leading the Conservatives into the next election"

On the other hand you can only get 7/4 on Miliband and Labour.

But of course you don't probably don't believe what you post anyway.

I already have. In case you haven't noticed, disasterous dave is not doing well, despite the fact you'll spout, he is, rubbish and try to influence peoples' political persausions.

It's a particularly acute problem for Labour. Regardless of Ed Miliband's faults, who of their shadow cabinet would be doing any better as leader?

Who will stab Ed in the back for stabbing David in the back?

Bring on Direct Democracy I say. In what way does the current system come close to representing the people?

I'd like to vote for ideas, policies, specific actions rather than for one individual to represent everything I believe in .. and to have [him] subject to the party whip and the vested interests that control the parties.

That aside, I'm going to bet (real money) that Ed Milliband does not last another year ...

OK here's the actual bet: £10 says Labour will lose the next election WITHOUT Ed Milliband as leader (3/1 at Paddy Power http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politics/other-politics/uk-politics?ev_oc_grp_ids=521531 )

Ed Miliband is a joke, opportunistic and hypocritical.

He's been on the news today slagging off the bonus awarded to the RBS chief yet fails to mention that it was his Labour Government that gave him the contract that entitles him to the said bonus.

Ed Miliband is a joke, opportunistic and hypocritical.

He's been on the news today slagging off the bonus awarded to the RBS chief yet fails to mention that it was his Labour Government that gave him the contract that entitles him to the said bonus.

I'm not really bothered that a top man brought in to rescue a bank that we all have a stake in is paid in accordance with the contract he was offered.

I'm far more worried that Gordon Brown bought £billions of shares in RBS for 57p each and they are currently languishing around 27p. We have a potential loss of many billions and some folks think we should employ some jerk off the streets to look after our interests if it would save £10 grand or so.

I'm not really bothered that a top man brought in to rescue a bank that we all have a stake in is paid in accordance with the contract he was offered.

I'm far more worried that Gordon Brown bought £billions of shares in RBS for 57p each and they are currently languishing around 27p. We have a potential loss of many billions and some folks think we should employ some jerk off the streets to look after our interests if it would save £10 grand or so.

Totally agree.

If in a couple of years time the shares are worth more than was paid for them Mr Hester will have done his job & his bonus will have been money well spent.

Back to Ed Miliband though. Where was he a few years back saying to Gordon Brown lets not give Mr Hester a contract with bonus clauses in it?