Emmerson Crescent, Parson Cross

Someone has just moved on that estate and they are putting in a metal security door because of all the trouble they have been receiving, very horrible place to live.

Is it still bad on there then my son is looking for a flat and has bidded on a couple thinking of telling him to withdraw his bid.

I was a bit suspicious why so many flats where coming up

Love pads x

My auntie lived there for years,it is a terrible area I think you should stay well away.

Looks lovely on the street maps, even got someone sat in their garden

Don't do it - you're safer on the Manor. Living on the edge doesn't even come close:hihi::hihi::hihi:

anyone got any views what its like on there been offered a property and want to make sure i dont make a mistake

My sister lived on there, worse place you can live most of flats there are used as safe houses for police.

And they don't call it smack head island for nothing, lol. (I was told this)

And also apparently they put all addicts up there so they can moniter them.

My sister had endless problems there, I would not move on there if it was the last place on earth.

(in fact the words Rather and Home less come to mind)

Parson Cross is twinned with Homs. Avoid it like the plague.

It's full of tattooed scratters and substance abusing parasites.

I had a disabled relative live on there. He was burgled as he was moving in. Everyone knew who it was.

Luckily this problem neighbour and his druggy mates were evicted.

Since then relative has had no problems at all, in fact his other neighbours have been marvellous. They look out for him, and help him all they can. They've built up a real sense of community spirit. How often can you say that?

Now he wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Looks lovely on the street maps, even got someone sat in their garden

It's probably not their garden.

Someone has just moved on that estate and they are putting in a metal security door because of all the trouble they have been receiving, very horrible place to live.

The council will just tell them to remove it, as it is now against council rules, in case of a fire in the house when the gate is locked.

My honest advice would be to run in the other direction. And when you are all tired out of running, run some more.

I really try not to have a negative attitude about most things (incidentally, quite the opposite of a select few on this forum...) but I have only heard/experienced bad things on this road. My auntie lives just around the corner in a private (and very plush!) semi-detached and they have had trouble for years - testament to the fact that it's not just the 'flats' area.

If at all you do have a choice, choose wisely.