The old 'Sheffield Sounds' forum

I really enjoyed both L2SB and Soundaloud and also Sandman before it got a bit ambitious with the expansion.

We were pretty lucky to have people like Pete and Matt Mella, Paul and Jan around at that time and I think it showed with the success of several bands that came out of Sheffield around that time.

I'm well out of touch with what's happening in Sheffield music these days but from 2003 to 2007 were a great time.

Hello Sandstone by the way.

Snap, other than the (very) rare bump into Tufty in the Grapes and remaining very close to Stu from Avangaad I've not even seen anyone from the old scene.

I just sit at home with an old battered acoustic guitar now playing away to myself, I've not written a (full) song for about five years.

Still - how do you get people to start using something like that? I have an account on it, but have made maybe 3 posts? It just feels like there's no point either a. advertising and event or b. starting a discussion - because hardly anyone's there. Of course, if everyone thinks that....

Someone needs to do a forum like that with a facebook app to tie it into facebook.That way it could post on people's walls and stuff the way Spotify and The Guardian do...thus advertising itself massively, and constantly reminding people it is there

They also need to get the support of local venues. It's venues that run the music scene after all, a few posters permanently up in the places people play should do it.

Hey up.

I'm the one who's set Sheffield Band website up as I (like yourselves) thought that there was a definite lack of internet space to chat about Sheffield's wealth of musical talent

So I've got it up and running but as you've noticed there's a distinct lack of chat on there at the moment

Actual visitor numbers are excellent but it's the interaction that's needed now

Anything you can come up with to help would be great - nip onto the site and leave your feedback

There's no egos' involved here whatsoever and I see it as Sheffield's music scene's website rather than mine really so any feedback and suggestions you can post on the site will be looked at and probably acted upon in order to kickstart the site and get you guys on there more often..

Regards

Neil

It won't let me sign up, says my email is not acceptable or something? I only have one email address

Hi mate,

Try it now - I'm assuming it was a Gmail account ?

If anyone is wanting to join the site the easiest way is via facebook or twitter login

Facebook - http://www.sheffieldband.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login&serviceClick=facebook

Twitter - http://www.sheffieldband.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login&serviceClick=twitter

Easy peasy !

Nice one - appreciate the interest

Hopefully the site will really kick on this year

Cheers !

We visit your place a lot and love it.. great venue - great gigs

And you sell milkshake too - perfect

Soundaloud was brill.. and the awards even better so, I distinctly remember buttonholing Ed (9ML) in the bar and asking him to sum up their music in 3 words! :D.. there were some brilliant bands around at that time..

Daybreak

Nine More Lies

Avangaad

Screaming Mimi

Repomen (still about)

Pisco Sour Hour (also still about)

to name but a few of my faves from that period..

Sheffsounds tried to carry on but was doomed by the spammers..

I will have a nosey at the new site..

Richard

(Vasquez, Eight Days to Midnight, Void).. in case anyone remembers us...:hihi:

Repomen - awesome !

FYI - Sheffield Band is picking up great now with loads more visitors/readers and quite a few new members recently..

We're offering all bands their own section/forum for free so if you fancy your own forum on Sheffield Band give us a shout on there and I'll set you one up

For an example of what I'm on about check out the Arctic Monkeys section..

http://www.sheffieldband.co.uk/index.php?/forum/14-arctic-monkeys/