Mediums for readings?

These are shill posts for charlatans is what I believe.

I thought advertising was only allowed in signatures, the advert forums, business directory & the banner ads?

Shouldn't it be in the 'Job Vacancies' forum or something?

The OP was looking for recommendations for mediums. They aren't promoting themselves as such.

Palirichard, do you still have conversations with spiritualists? If so, could you ask them (for me!) how much they actually know about their religion's origins and how old they think it is?

I'm sure you can ask robina, she said she is open to questions.

The spiritulists I have talked to don't all claim to belong to a 'religion' as such. Some claim to be Christian, some (most) claim to be without religion, some nick bits they like from many religions. The Spiritulist church was started by the Fox sisters who were basically con artists (and at least one of them admitted as much).

I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt though, I've never been convinced of any spiritulists authenticity thus far but everyone deserves a fair crack o the whip.

Will be adding some information to this topic shortly.

Edited by J-Deakes

Will be adding some information to this topic shortly.

Ohh, the suspense is killing me.

Ohh, the suspense is killing me.

It's Ok Snailyboy... Nothing exciting really. It was a friend who brought this page to my attention and i was quite interested by the discussions on here about Mediums and Psychics and did try to post some internet links earlier but because i've only just signed up it would not let me post them.

I'm not going to be using this site for long and if anything i've just signed up for a one off posting really.

Basically, for anyone reading this there is alot of information on the internet that relates to Cold Reading, Barnum Statements and it's not secret information.

Anyone who studies this CAN become a proficient reader of people that they will seemingly come across as genuine Mediums but the information i've came across over the years clearly shows that Cold Reading IS an actually practised art and can make you come across as incredibly perceptive.

Now i'm telling people what they should believe or choose not to believe but one thing i can say is that there is enough information to support the facts that what Mediums do can be done with Cold Reading, Barnum statements, shotgunning and some slight of mouth.

Derren Brown (A brilliant performer) has proved this time and time again and as an expert in psychology he knows how a person can easily be manipulated.

Look up 'Derren Brown - Messiah' on Youtube and watch it and you'll see what i mean.

Believe it or not there are actual sites on the internet that teach you

Cold Reading and teach you enough to make you into a Medium.

Not kidding,,, and within a few weeks you could end up going out and making the money they do. And that brings me on to the last thing.

Understand this. Mediums do what they do for one thing and one thing only.

MONEY. The more people they have believing in what they do the more money they make. And to answer the question of whether a Medium needs a picture of someone... No they don't. Look at any picture yourself and see how much information you yourself can draw from that picture about them.

I'm sure there's quite alot.

The next time you're in a coffee shop and you see someone sat down think of how much you can tell about that person without talking to them.

Their mannerisms, the way they dress, how they present themselves in the room... etc... I think you'll be able to do the exact same thing there as you did with the picture.

I cannot post the links i have because i've just signed on here but go to google or where ever you prefer and put in :

Forer effect / Barnum effect

Forer effect demo

Cold reading (Wikipedia)

Barnum Demonstration

Cold reading (Psychological techniques)

These alone will give you enough information to give you the chance to determine whether Mediums are real or not. There is alot of insightful information here that should not be ignored and i'm sure you'll find it interesting. The first two topics you'll find on Youtube and the one for the Barnum Demonstration you'll have to find on Yahoo or Google. And that one WILL surprise you.

Whatever you choose to believe after you have read this i'm sure you'll walk away happy but please think twice before putting your hard earned money into the hands of someone who could very easily be using any of the techniques i've mentioned... The chances are you won't know.

Anyway,,, thank you Sheffield and it's been a pleasure.

---------- Post added 30-12-2015 at 00:59 ----------

A line i put should say 'Now i'm not telling people what they should believe'. Sorry

Edited by J-Deakes