Clothes optional doncaster dome

hi

since using the spa at the dome it has been clothes optional for single gender use but not for mixed use..this means if you are a man or woman and go to a male or female session only you can go without clothes in sauna steam room etc.but if you are a husband and wife or couple you have to stay clothed ;

as many of you know i am trying to petition against this as i think it unfair why should it be different cause your married or a couple ..in this day and age everyone is ok with the human body...what i am trying to do is get a session on a sunday as clothes optional but we need support. even if you are not a naturist but would be ok with a session being optional so you have the choice please e mail me on [email protected]

the more support we recieve the better

thanks

maggienmick

Edited by naturist
adding

Didnt they used to do clothes optional swim in the main pool sometimes? I'm not a naturist but I did consider going a few times as the idea fascinates me.

I would have thought that them having done that in the past that they would be more open to it?

I think I'd lend support to this if it was anywhere BUT Doncaster :suspect:

Hi, I must admit that mixed naturist company is far better that a single sex group.

So are there clothing optional events at the Dome. We (married couple!) would be interested. Sauna is good but most intersted in swimming.

hi at moment there is not an official clothes optional at the dome esp with swimming , but we are trying. with the sauna and spa the same applies but the users do go natural . where abouts are you both as we normally meet on sundays am .

mick

Hi

We are in Sheffield.

Where do you meet Sunday am? At the Dome?

Although we do like to spend some time in a steam room/sauna it is actually the swimming/leisure pool that appeals most. While since I have been to the Dome but I thought the Sauna was away from the Swimming Pools, so not sure how that would work.

I like the ice skating as well but think that may be better clothed as I do fall down rather a lot!

Lets hope this will work out at the Dome or elsewhere

hi john give me a mail on [email protected] rather than on here be nice to pop rounnd and have chat about where there is in area for naturists

Hi, if it ever happens i would be very interested

I found my way to this forum and topic, and read with interest what I found.

I did type out a much longer post than this earlier. But unfortunately got logged out when I pressed submit and lost the entire post. So this will have to be an abridged version of what I typed.

Maggienmick, I note in your opening post you commented about it is unfair for couples who goto this spa to have to wear swimwear. Another issue too is what about people visiting on their own who wish to not wear anything, they can only do so in the single sex sessions and not the mixed sessions. There are people(myself included) who prefer to not wear anything in a spa, and would also prefer to do in a pleasant unisex environment and not in a single sex environment.

I myself am NOT a naturist. However I am a big fan of enjoying saunas and steams as they should be done - without any clothing or material whatsoever covering me, and in a pleasant unisex spa. I have been to many spas in Holland and Germany over the last 5 years, where in fact it is the norm that spas are unisex and swimwear/clothing prohibited. It is of course a very different situation over here. It's either single sex clothing optional, or unisex=swimwear compulsory. It's ridiculous. The only decent respectable unisex spa in this country which allows nude use(and is in fact swimwear prohibited) is Birmingham's Clover Spa. We need more spas like this around the country. At the very least there should be a number of spas around the country which have certain times and days of the week which are "mixed clothing optional" sessions.

I'll be interested to see what the outcome of your petition to Doncaster Dome is. It's worth giving it a try. But sadly I don't think they'll be interested in introducing or at least trialing such sessions. Good luck.

Doncaster is miles away from where I live. So wouldn't be able to visit this spa very frequently. But if they did have mixed clothing optional session I'd be interested in giving this spa a visit now and again!

Regards

Sauna Meister

hi

since using the spa at the dome it has been clothes optional for single gender use but not for mixed use..this means if you are a man or woman and go to a male or female session only you can go without clothes in sauna steam room etc.but if you are a husband and wife or couple you have to stay clothed ;

as many of you know i am trying to petition against this as i think it unfair why should it be different cause your married or a couple ..in this day and age everyone is ok with the human body...what i am trying to do is get a session on a sunday as clothes optional but we need support. even if you are not a naturist but would be ok with a session being optional so you have the choice please e mail me on [email protected]

the more support we recieve the better

thanks

maggienmick

so, can you confirm to me that, during the mixed use sessions, only the man and his wife would be permitted to use the spa? there would be no other people who might use the facilities?

I know if I were to use the steam room, I'd not want to stumble upon people who were totally unclothed,

Whilst I would not expect to see the users dresses as if for an Arctic expedition, I would at least want them to have a bathing suit / trunks on.

hi at moment there is not an official clothes optional at the dome esp with swimming , but we are trying. with the sauna and spa the same applies but the users do go natural . where abouts are you both as we normally meet on sundays am .

mick

I hope that there are no windows onto the pool at the Dome, where unwitting members of the public who are passing might have to explain to their children why the people are cavorting without bathing suits!