If animals not meant to be eaten by humans, why are they made of meat ??

To sustain life that's why we need to eat. The two things are distinctly different. I don't make a living from eating.

Never I didn't know that, but one can work to gain food to help one live.

Therefor one would be making a living and any animal can work to gain food to help it live.

Never I didn't know that, but one can work to gain food to help one live.

Therefor one would be making a living and any animal can work to gain food to help it live.

No need to patronise MrSmith it was only an observation sir.

In which case the food replaces the money as payment so either way, making a living involves a payment.

I've never known a thread start with a Jimmy Carr gag. Brilliant. Let me start another one with "What is the leading cause of Peadaphilia in the UK" - although that may get deleted straight away!

Putting it simply, we use terms that make sense to us, it helps in putting a point over. Wildlife programmes are peppered with analogies in order to make it interesting for the viewer. We can smile when we consider that an animal is out shopping for food, or that the young are off to school with mother, they're not though.

We've developed a language for ourselves, our species, all we do is liken our existence to that of another species, we describe what they do as though it were ourselves and making a living relates to earning money.

Good job ignoring the fact that I linked to an article talking about how a particular population of killer whales "make a living".

I've never known a thread start with a Jimmy Carr gag. Brilliant. Let me start another one with "What is the leading cause of Peadaphilia in the UK" - although that may get deleted straight away!

Mental abnormality.

/thread over.

No need to thank me.

jb

Good job ignoring the fact that I linked to an article talking about how a particular population of killer whales "make a living".

I'm sorry I responded to the post I didn't realise you needed a response to the article as well seeing as you extracted the piece for me to read.

It's the title of an article like a newspaper headline it's there to capture interest nothing more, to lead us into the story or article.

Mental abnormality.

/thread over.

No need to thank me.

jb

Bet he's thankfull you didn't highlight his spelling of paedophilia.

I'm sorry I responded to the post I didn't realise you needed a response to the article as well seeing as you extracted the piece for me to read.

It's the title of an article like a newspaper headline it's there to capture interest nothing more, to lead us into the story or article.

That simply isn't true, the term "make a living" was used in a paragraph in the body of the article with no emphasis placed upon it of any kind.

Bet he's thankfull you didn't highlight his spelling of paedophilia.

I was tempted to nominate in for inclusion in the 'there, their and they're' thread I have to admit :)

jb

If animals are not meant to be eaten by humans...

Who said that ?

No need to patronise MrSmith it was only an observation sir.

In which case the food replaces the money as payment so either way, making a living involves a payment.

Exactly, early man and other animals are paid for their hard work in food, therefore they make a living.

Exactly, early man and other animals are paid for their hard work in food, therefore they make a living.

Nice try. Early man wasn't being paid for his work. He hunted he killed he ate. The food wasn't presented as a reward for the work involved in killing it, it was his because he killed it.

Animals being rewarded with food do not regard it as a payment to them it's natural to get some of the kill whether it is shot with a gun or scooped from a tin.

How well do you think it would sit with a prospective employer when he asks what you've done in the past.

'Well for the last 18 months i've been eating food for a living.'