Did you work at johnson matthey in the 70s

i worked at mattheys from 74 till it's closure in 1980. i remember glen raffo, dave bell, vinny woods and many more. anyone else worked there who comes on this site or knows of anyone who worked there?

I know that a Maurice Marples worked there in the 70's do you know him?

i worked at mattheys from 74 till it's closure in 1980. i remember glen raffo, dave bell, vinny woods and many more. anyone else worked there who comes on this site or knows of anyone who worked there?

Glen Raffo is my cousin and my little sis Katie worked there as well.

Another ex workmate of mine also worked there, Dennis ? Badloe, if I remember correctly. I seem to remember Glen telling me they kept sending Dennis up and down in the lift, he had a bit of a phobia of them:hihi: :)

I know that a Maurice Marples worked there in the 70's do you know him?

yes , i know maurice very well. i worked with him in the melting shop for a few years. do you know how he is?

Just dropped on this thread about Johnson Matthey... I'm currently doing some research...

Does anyone know who was the union branch secretary or union convenor during the 80s or anyone linked to the union during that time who might know please?

Post on here or PM me please?

yes , i know maurice very well. i worked with him in the melting shop for a few years. do you know how he is?

Sorry for the long delay in replying to this.

Maurice is ok thanks, he's my brother.

I have just come across this post after visiting my dad and talking about him working at JM. My dad Tom Wheater worked in the melting shop  from 1963 until it’s closure.

He knows Ken Harding, Ken Rowlinson, the manager, Harold Thorpe worked weighing melts for the furnaces and Morris marples, Peter bates worked in the front office, Alf rotherburg the rolling mill foreman, Alan Kent, Someone called Marsden can’t remember first name (sorry) 

Would be lovely to hear from any of you. 

Wasn't it on Eyre Street between Furnival Street and Charles Street backing onto Eyre Lane, in fact I know it was  . Before it was Johnson Matthey & Mallory Ltd. it was Oakes Turner Ltd, and before that it was  Wm Turner & Sons, probably long before the current posters., were apples in their mothers eyes. 

I was with Oakes Turner from 1963 to 1966 under the training of Frank Booth. I was in the accounts office to start off with Mr.Collins,Peter Blackburn and Chrisine France. Mr Cooper (with his one ear) was manager in the sales office along with Peter Bates. Mick Fearnehough was in Solder wire production. When Frank Booth retired, I took over the selling and delivering of all kinds of precious metals in my Ford Corina JWB157C.

Security didnt exist and I used to carry silver sheets,castings and solder in the boot of the Ford. I can always remember going to James Dixons and delivering silver up a really steep wooden staircase and being introduced to Mr.Milo Dixon.

Lovely memories and nice to see other people who were part of the company