Iranian blockade of persian gulf

Iran's been blustering about doing away with Israel since 1979 and assassinating Israeli leaders would beyond any doubt have been part of that, and have already been sized up. You can be 100% sure a considerable amount of Iranian resources will already have been devoted to this.

unfortunately for the Iranians, despite the million plus native Farsi speakiing Israelis, they haven't shown they have the slightest ability to do this. If it was that easy for them to assassinate Israeli politicians, there'd be about fifty dead ones on their hands by now.

Their success rate may be zero, which is less than can be said of The Mossad who keep scoring hits on Iranian nuclear scientists.

But I still don't think the assured destruction of Iran following any kind of pre-emptive strike doctrine against Israel is a tempting prospect for any Iranian leader.

Their success rate may be zero, which is less than can be said of The Mossad who keep scoring hits on Iranian nuclear scientists.

But I still don't think the assured destruction of Iran following any kind of pre-emptive strike doctrine against Israel is a tempting prospect for any Iranian leader.

Do you believe that the Saudi's may be pulling some of the strings behind the scenes, or am I getting into the realms of conspiracy theories?

don't you just love the disappointment shown in this post, that despite trying their best, and having hundreds of thousands of Iranian-born Israels to hide among, Iran has, like the Arabs, spectacularly failed to breach Israel's security and assassinate any of their bete noire, Israeli politicians, and military leaders.

and as usual there is this rather alarming lack of comprehension that Israel is the only one of Iran's neighbours threatened by their nuclear programme. Believe me, there's a queue of foreign intelligance services that want to get rid of Iranian nuclear scientists. But this is when you come up against, once again, what is I believe an antisemitic position - namely that only the Israelis, and Mossad, has a foreign intelligence security service out of all the Middle East countries and that Iran's historic enemy, the Arabs as in the Saudis, Gulf emirates, and the Egyptians, all of whom are threatened greatly by Iran's nuclear ambitions, have no such thing.

don't you just love the disappointment shown in this post, that despite trying their best, and having hundreds of thousands of Iranian-born Israels to hide among, Iran has, like the Arabs, spectacularly failed to breach Israel's security and assassinate any of their bete noire, Israeli politicians, and military leaders.

and as usual there is this rather alarming lack of comprehension that Israel is the only one of Iran's neighbours threatened by their nuclear programme. Believe me, there's a queue of foreign intelligance services that want to get rid of Iranian nuclear scientists. But this is when you come up against, once again, what is I believe an antisemitic position - namely that only the Israelis, and Mossad, has a foreign intelligence security service out of all the Middle East countries and that Iran's historic enemy, the Arabs as in the Saudis, Gulf emirates, and the Egyptians, all of whom are threatened greatly by Iran's nuclear ambitions, have no such thing.

C'mon, you think it wasn't The Mossad or the nearest equivalent behind it? Magnetic shaped charge limpet mines, minimum collateral damage, maximum efficacy?

Just look at the numbers, any assassination in the middle east has about a 65% likelihood of Israeli involvement.

And you can produce the label of anti-semitic if you like, but it's neither accurate nor sensible./

all of Iran's neighbours in the region are threatened by their nuclear programme and yes, I do think its antisemitic to just jump to the automatic conclusion that Israel is behind every one of these assassinations. It could even be the Israelis working in cahoots with the Arabs making common cause with their mutual adversary. If Saudi or Israeli intelligence inside Iran detected a plot by the other one to upset Iran's programme in some way, including assassination, you can be absolutely sure they would not obstruct it and in fact might easily take pains to expedite and assist it.

C'mon, you think it wasn't

Just look at the numbers, any assassination in the middle east has about a 65% likelihood of Israeli involvement.

that is either total ignorance or a bald faced lie. Of the 100 plus assassinations of major Arab and Middle Eastern political leaders since 1948, only a handful could even be fancifully attributed to the Israelis. Israel realised long ago that is not in their self-interest to kill Arab political leaders as opposed to Palestinian and Lebanese terrorists. Edited by callippo

I think my opinion is clear: if a person comes to me with a gun and tells me

"I have a gun it's very dangerous therefor you shouldn't have one because you are not sensible. I'm not going to use it because I'm more reasonable than you but I have it just in case"

That's exactly what did happen in the UK with the introduction of the Firearms (Amendment) Act 1997.

that is either total ignorance or a bald faced lie. Of the 100 plus assassinations of major Arab and Middle Eastern political leaders since 1948, only a handful could even be fancifully attributed to the Israelis. Israel realised long ago that is not in their self-interest to kill Arab political leaders as opposed to Palestinian and Lebanese terrorists.

It's a bald faced lie/Vic Reeves moment. Although their record on assassinations since 1946 is impressive.

But you imply that a) I don't respect the Israelis, and b)I hate Jewish people.

I'm afraid you're wrong on both counts. And I think you've been wrong when you've wielded that accusation before.

But keep your iron certitude, I'm not going to try and convince you of anything. The fact remains, you don't know, I don't know & the smart money is on all four assassinations being planned and executed by Israelis, by the best means at their disposal. No-one is going to come out and admit to it because, apparently, this sort of thing is "wrong".

You have to admit, The Mossad make The CIA look like schoolchildren on valium.

the Middle East is the world's most unstable region. The most common form of transfer of political power by far is violent revolution with assassination being a favored method of political expression. Well over a hundred major assassinations of chief executives (i.e. Presidents and Prime Ministers, foreign ministers/senior ministers, monarchs, and other key figures have occured in the sixty plus years since 1948, almost none of which have been attriibuted to the Israelis by even the wildest conspiracy theorists.

I think my opinion is clear: if a person comes to me with a gun and tells me

"I have a gun it's very dangerous therefor you shouldn't have one because you are not sensible. I'm not going to use it because I'm more reasonable than you but I have it just in case"

clearly this person is arrogant and has an advantage on me so I would try my best to develop a weapon that's more powerful than his because I want to have the advantage even though I'm never going to use the weapon against him. But it's just nice to know that I have a weapon, "just in case", especially when the person has used the weapon on someone else before.

So you're not in favour of gun control then? You think anyone who wants want, including the slightly unstable guy who lives in an unstable neighbourhood and has a feud with his neighbours (who already have a gun but haven't used it) should be able to have one.

You must be a bit unbalanced if you think proliferation is in the best interests of anyone. (Of guns or nuclear weapons)

And you didn't even mention mention that its estimated that Japan killed about 1 million Chinese civilians in their air raids, and the figure goes up into the 10s of millions of civilian casualties when you factor in their invasion of China as well.
I did ;)

Can someone remind me how many millions (of civilians and PoWs) did the invading Japanese Army slaughter across South East Asia, again?
But chorba just put his head in the sand:

How can you try to justify one massacre by referring to other massacres?