FEB 2012 Roadworks A61 for 7weeks

Hi all

Local residents just received letter from yorkshire water and utility company stating that major water main replacement will be taking place in grenoside and on a61 from 6th feb 2012 onwards for a minimum of 7 weeks.

the a61 will be traffic light controlled from salt box lane/wheel lane to past norfolk hill/norfolk arms pub.

the majority of roads in/out of grenoside will be closed in a staggered programme starting with closure of wheel lane and salt box lane on 6th feb. the work and road closures will move in the direction of/towards norfolk hill. roads closed at any point will include salt box lane, wheel lane, school lane, norfolk hill and whitley lane.

the traffic will remain two way but light controlled on a61, but traffic will only be one way on norfolk hill (up in to the village when they reach that point.

i predict major delays! diversions will be in place, but they have not said where/which route

worth noting for anyone who travels along the a61 at any time. after the main work is complete, they will be coming back to test/chlorinate etc so there will be more short term works after this batch.

happy driving!

xgx

Oh joy!!!!

I travel along the A61 to work and I regularly visit my parents who live at the bottom end of the Village.

It looks like I'll have some pain on. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

The way to aviod it is use the old road through Greno village ,then through Greno woods and come out at the by-pass juction At Wortley.

The way to aviod it is use the old road through Greno village ,then through Greno woods and come out at the by-pass juction At Wortley.

Ok using that route to head North in the morning or South in an evening, but the reverse ? Forget it.

There's usually a huge queue from the end of Main Street back up to the park entrance every morning !

There was also major roadworks on Main Street North of Norfolk Hill the last time I went down there.

Nightmare :(

The change in the roadworks are causing horrendous tailbacks heading into the city; even at 7pm last night I was queuing for 15 minutes outside Grenoside.