Where to buy good French bread in Sheffield

Having tried all the supermarket stuff and a few local bakers, has anyone got any reccomendations where to get French bread locally? Been to France recently and missing yummy bread :help:

Depends what sort of French bread you like,but my favourite at the moment is from Lidl.It's quite crusty and the middle is a bit ciabatta-ish but it is great with pate or beurre d'isigny and jam!

Being French myself, unfortunately I have yet to find real baguettes and real patisseries. La Perle disappointed me as all their cakes are filled with whipped cream and not the original creme patissiere. As for breads, the baguettes are never soft inside, crust is too big. These 2 are about the on;y stuff I miss from back home :) ... Along with the weather :))

Being French myself, unfortunately I have yet to find real baguettes and real patisseries. La Perle disappointed me as all their cakes are filled with whipped cream and not the original creme patissiere. As for breads, the baguettes are never soft inside, crust is too big. These 2 are about the on;y stuff I miss from back home :) ... Along with the weather :))

You have our sympathy....:suspect:

I'm French too- was quite pleasantly surprised with the Marks and Spencer baguette. But don't tend to go there often so have to settle for part-baked most of the time. Not as good as the real thing, but will do for me.

Have you tried Waitrose? Some of their freshly baked bread is much better than Tesco etc

Have you tried Waitrose? Some of their freshly baked bread is much better than Tesco etc
Any bread that arrives at a shop to be "heated" doesn't deserve being eaten.