'FAT' not just a feminine issue?

Originally posted by katy1981

i find that we spend most of our time and energy in relationships trying to change each other or wishing we were something differnt to what we actually are .

if we could only use that time and energy loving each other and being happy to have each other for how ever long the relationships last then the world will be a happier place and maybe people wouldnt feel that they had to be like these so called perfect models in the mags

totally agree, too many women try to change men and men try to alter a women, why do these people fall for each other in the 1st place???

i like a real man, strong build and soft hearted, personality and sense of homour, i dont think any one ends up with the people they picture theselves with and thats life

and thus my fav qoute

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is wing'd cupid painted blind" by William S

Originally posted by tiffy

I think you reach an age where you accept yourself and others for the very fact that you and they are being themselves.

I think this sentiment has it in a nutshell for me.

It took me a long time to realise that I will always be a little overweight, not like the way my hair is naturally, etc. etc, but I've now come to terms with the fact that people seem to like me in spite of what I perceive to be my shortcomings.

I dated a guy a few months ago who was really uncomfortable with how hairy he was; I personally found it really attractive. :D

Horses for courses is the crux of the matter I guess, but I for one have stopped worrying about the things I can't (or can't be bothered) to change!

And, in answer to the original question, yes, I do like my guys with slightly more padding than you'd find on an olympic swimmer! ;)

K x

hairy back? :gag:

anyhow, I have a similar build to Kristian and I will never be skinny 9actually, untrue I have been and got called lots of skeleton/skinny names ) due to my build.

the thing that really really annoys me that no matter how clothes makers only make xl sizes for skinny indie boys.

no clothes look good on me :(

Originally posted by robbie

hairy back? :gag:

the thing that really really annoys me that no matter how clothes makers only make xl sizes for skinny indie boys.

try 'the Big Man Shop' on Manchester road at Stocksbridge, they have a good selection including designer names and they make 'trendy' gear for the XL chap, I buy pretty much everything there and even modelled for their catalogue, the prices arent ridiculous and all the ladies who work there are lovely and make you feel welcome and at ease.

:clap: :clap:

Originally posted by LadyInRed

totally agree, too many women try to change men ...

It's the main 3 things a woman gets into her head on her wedding day that become her obsession

ISLE

HYMN

:hihi:

Originally posted by Angel05

I have found this out to be true... being good looking doesnt mean a great personality... quite the opposite in fact...

Whooossshhh ! Sweeping generalisation alert.

So you've never met a cute person with a nice personality too, do you deliberately go for the ugliest person in the room knowing that they will the the wittiest, funniest and most interesting person ?

I agree that personality is ultimately what draws you strongly to a mate and what keeps you attracted, whether or not his or her physical attributes are your ideal.

But Sharpsinger's question seems to be, "Do women find huskiness attractive in its own right?" rather than "Can women overlook huskiness if the guy has a great personality?"

There's a big difference.

So, here's my answer: Personality completely aside, I am more attracted to large guys, even ones who are noticeably overweight, than to thin men. Brawn is beautiful in my book.

(It takes a real charmer to compensate for a hairy back, however!)

Originally posted by HappyHoosier

I thought that was what hot wax was for? If I get legs, underarms, bikini line, eyebrows etc etc waxed because he prefers it, then why not reciprocate?

Originally posted by HappyHoosier

I don't mind, men are supposed to be hairy.

Originally posted by medusa666

I thought that was what hot wax was for? If I get legs, underarms, bikini line, eyebrows etc etc waxed because he prefers it, then why not reciprocate?

;) I dunno medusa... lol ;)

I used to look at the sadiators *coff* sorry, I mean "Gladiators" when the series was on telly, about 15 years ago, and think...

"Ugh! how can anyone take a bloke seriously that shaves his armpits !" :ha ha:

Back on topic...

I go for personality much more over looks, although I consider I have fallen quite lucky this time round, as my fella is not bad looking, at all, and has a nice personality.

In the past, I have tended to go for the larger, taller build of fella, but this time I have fallen heavily for a slender chap...

funny, isn't it, how love strikes? lol

PT

I've just noticed how my last post reads- I'd like to make it clear that my idea on reciprocation in the waxing department extends ONLY as far as waxing hairy backs if they're not your thing! All I meant was that hairy backs aren't necessarily a deal breaker as they are easily dealt with with a little hot wax and a good wax technician.

Originally posted by katy1981

weight or size or shape has no importance to me. i just want myself and who ever i end up with to be happy with themselves. and me to be happy with myself and of course happy to be with each other.

i find that we spend most of our time and energy in relationships trying to change each other or wishing we were something differnt to what we actually are .

if we could only use that time and energy loving each other and being happy to have each other for how ever long the relationships last then the world will be a happier place and maybe people wouldnt feel that they had to be like these so called perfect models in the mags

im just sad it has taken me as long as it has to realize this as i myself used to feel that i was not as good as these models and have spent many days eating the entire contents of the fridge through depression and a feeling of not good enough to be liked by anyone male or female

i am now happy to be who i am and i say if u dont like me as i am then shove off mate i aint got time for ya

and yes i feel that men are forgotten when it comes to the issue of weight problems and dieting and sharpsinger hun i have found u to be a very lovely man and u have a great personality stuff what anyone else says hun

just be happy :clap:

well said all above and katy sweetie !

and i think ya look great as you are !

its other people that make us feel unsure about ourselfs my ex made me feel so worthless and like i was the luckiest woman to have him !

i have done lots of errm ! study ? since we split only to find out he was so wrong !other men do like me ! study still on going just to be sure of course !

he ! he !:hihi::heyhey: X X