How to find out your GCSE's

Does anybody know how I can find out my gcse results without having to pay for them. I left school a few years ago but unfortunatley when the time came to collect your certificates i was away and i never got the chance to collect them, also never needed them as i already had a job as soon as i left school. I know the website and numbers ect to apply for my certificates, But its 25 quid for each result. I dont need the certificates just want to know what i got so i can put them in my c.v Thanks.

without the certificates you have no proof of your qualifications.

have you checked with the School whether they still have your original certificates ?

Hi, yes I rang the school up and they said they dont keep the certificates and that i would have to contact AQA so after a few phone calls I ended up getting told to go on a website where I can apply for my certificates but it takes me back to what i was saying about 25 quid each, I could understand if I had lost them but i never got them in the first place :(

Hiya,

I've recently gone through this. You can apply to AQA for a certificate of results which lists all your subjects and grades. It is proof of qualifications and can be used to get into university however, some workplaces may not accept them which would mean getting the certificates which are about £25 each. The certificate of results is about £30 I think and they take ages to come. About 6-8 weeks. Hope this helps

Aight there is no way to get them.

I really wouldn't worry about it though, employers will not be worried about seeing GCSE certificates from years ago.

Just put what you think you got.

Unless you are applying for a uni / college course, Graduate job or a recruitment agency that has specified they want proof - I wouldn't bother. These days it's all about , if your references are satisfactory and your not bankrupt or criminal convictions.

Unless you are applying for a uni / college course, Graduate job or a recruitment agency that has specified they want proof - I wouldn't bother. These days it's all about , if your references are satisfactory and your not bankrupt or criminal convictions.

follow this advice, if you want to get sacked ....

I have not at any point advised the op to lie about their qualifications , have I zippy? I just expressed my opinion on the current recruitment process. It seems to be geared towards references. If your 30 odd applying for a job in Greggs, it maybe beneficial to find out someone's gcse Mathis grade. However more beneficial to know if they've been working in a shop for the past 5 years.

To reiterate my point a little clearer, I would discuss with the company your applying for a job with, the issue. If they need it , your going to hav to get it.

Or bit of a long shot. You could look at old Sheffield star editions from when you results. It should say your name and amount passed- it differentiates between a-c, but doesn't highlight which subjects.

I have not at any point advised the op to lie about their qualifications , have I zippy? I just expressed my opinion on the current recruitment process. It seems to be geared towards references. If your 30 odd applying for a job in Greggs, it maybe beneficial to find out someone's gcse Mathis grade. However more beneficial to know if they've been working in a shop for the past 5 years.

To reiterate my point a little clearer, I would discuss with the company your applying for a job with, the issue. If they need it , your going to hav to get it.

Or bit of a long shot. You could look at old Sheffield star editions from when you results. It should say your name and amount passed- it differentiates between a-c, but doesn't highlight which subjects.

Except that I really don't think it is. Many empolyers don't even ask for references before interviews and don't use them to decide who they offer the job to.

Many employers will also not supply the information that you think might be contained on a reference for fear of legal action. Most of them these days say X worked here from xx/xx/xx to xx/xx/xx and was absent for x days in that time. On the other hand, I was asked for proof of my qualifications for my current job.

I also wouldn't want to give the impression to a prospective employer that I cared so little about my accademic qualifications that I hadn't even bothered to check what they were or made sure I got hold of the certificates.

Or English....:suspect:

I could understand if I had lost them but i never got them in the first place :(

Because you couldn't be bothered to get them. Wow you must have valued your education. No option but to pay.

As yes they are important, more and more employers wanting GCSEs in English and Maths.

Math and English GCSE are 'tick boxes' for lots of companies in that they require all applicants to have them. I'm 37 and have always just put "GCSEs - 9 A to C including English and Maths" on CVs. It's the truth, but no one has ever asked for certificates.