Getting rid of mould and mildew on pvc windows

I'm moving into a new house and the preivous people left it in a a right state, there is black moud and mildew on the windows where they have not opened them whilst in the bathroom etc

Whats the best way i can get rid of it........

Thanks

Bleach is good, you can also buy mildew cleaner from the supermarket. Wear a mask when cleaning - mould can be very bad for the chest. It is possible the house has a ventilation problem - check the airbricks are clear and also be careful of moisture from drying laundry, cooking and showering.

That Dettol Mould and Mildew remover spray in the green plastic bottle is good.

bleach stinks and that mould remover is dangerous to inhale

Safe4 will do it, and your house won't smell like a chemical plant, and you won't accidentally bleach your curtains or carpet with it

Scrub round the windows with mould and mildew spray and a toothbrush it is best to leave a window open while using it though.

I used a steam cleaner when I moved into my current flat. Bleach will 'bleach out' the mould making it invisible without necessarily getting rid of it; a steam cleaner and cloth quickly got rid with no nasty chemicals or smell.

since me and my husband had the cavity wall insulation done we have experienced mould on the window sills, windows and walls dont know if its connected in some way :suspect:

Edited by sjwilliams
;

To physically remove and kill the mould a steam cleaner with a wire brush on works really well. Ventilate and dry well and don't worry about the stains that may be left behind by the mould.

Domestos Grot Buster is an extremely strong bleach solution which will fade out the colouring left behind on the bits that are meant to be white, from all sorts of finishes from bath sealant to grout or uPVC. Be very careful as a mere hint of this will bleach clothing and furnishing, but it's the only thing I've seen take the stain from mould out of bath sealant.

We took out our bathroom window and put an exhaust fan in the ceiling.