3D television advice

I am currently looking at buying a 3D televsion. I own a PS3 and am mostly interested in gaming. The advice i have received so for is that i am better opting for a passive 3D system than an active 3D, due to cost and all round comfort. i have tried both alternatives in stores, but only for short periods of time. Is there only LG and toshiba who make passive 3D. Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I don't intend purchasing one but whilst on a weekend in London in John Lewis, was pleasantly surprised at the LG ones - especially as the Cinema glasses allegedly work with them - no hidden £60+ for a pair of spectacles! Hope someone can answer you on the technical detail.

Yep the LG Cinema3D are the best by far IMO.. and the glasses are much more comfy & lightweight than the active ones.

Go Passive rather than active. My mate has an active one and the glasses give me a headache. Not to mention the glasses are extortionately priced. Upwards of £60 a pair which when you consider that most of the TV only come with 2 pairs, kitting out the rest of the household becomes an expensive deal (2 adults & 3 kids used as a base)

From what I hear the LG passives work with the REAL3D glasses & they're 80p a pair when you go to the cinema.

I'd wait a little longer if I were you - They're working on Glasses-less 3DTV at present, and when finally released to market that might really stir the pot up. Unfortunately, there are already a couple of different standards in the glasses-less arena and they're all expensive demo tech at present. I'd wait for that and check it out before making any final firm commitment to it, as at present, there's very few avenues of proper 3D content available anyway (blu-ray, Sky3D or games using Nvidia3D etc.) If nothing else, it might drop the prices of the active/passive glasses options once the glasses-less tech is demonstrated as a feesable consumer option.