Asking again for HELP FOR NIGEL

come on everybody ,please try to give to nigels rescue ,he sat all day at pets at home on sunday and still went and found the dog on sunday on the parsons cross,thats him all over ,and i bet he had nearly no petrol,he lives the other end of sheffield ,but it doesnt stop him ,just remember people ,if you need him he will be there for you and the dog,BUT NOT IF HE CANT GET SOME HELP AND SOME SPONSERS (PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN )

Ive put this of my Facebook page .. As I am going into the Hallamshire next week for a back op, I have asked if anyone is thinking of sending me a card or wishing me well, to please donate £1 ... I know it's not a lot but it adds up and hopefully people will think tHat .. Hey, £1 is nothing and lots will donate .. I've also asked for those in or around Sheffield to see if they have any old blankets or duvets ... Hope this is some help.

Will be donating today.

I met Nigel on Saturday in P&H and his lovely dog :)

Is there no way these ' one man band' rescues can work together more to share costs and maybe give each other a little respite?

Ive put this of my Facebook page .. As I am going into the Hallamshire next week for a back op, I have asked if anyone is thinking of sending me a card or wishing me well, to please donate £1 ... I know it's not a lot but it adds up and hopefully people will think tHat .. Hey, £1 is nothing and lots will donate .. I've also asked for those in or around Sheffield to see if they have any old blankets or duvets ... Hope this is some help.

Will be donating today.

thank you so much :)

I know it's only a fiver Nigel but I've sent it anyway - sorry it couldn't be more. Keep smiling, we all know what a hero you are to these pooches :)

One woman bands (Rain Rescue) and one man bands (Nigel) do work together Beansforyou. As do Thornberry, Cats Shelter etc etc, they support each other but each small rescue is under so much pressure. There really is too much to do and little funds to do it with. No one outside of rescue has any idea. I don't know about Nigel's sleeping arrangements (!) but I've known Rain work from very early morning, all day and not go to bed the following night because the website needs updating. Not only is there the awful job of getting dogs out of pounds, cats out of crisis situations, there's fundraising, begging for food, finding homes, rehoming, vet runs, networking with other bigger rescues, accounts, website. Physically, it's draining, emotionally, it's worse. Every day brings sad stories. The phone never stops, the heartache never stops.

Funding is drastically down, you'd be amazed at how hard it is to get money in from funders, and if rescues are lucky enough to get a little, the funders want reports, success stories, newsletters. It all adds to the workload. Everyone wants a piece of you.

Perhaps Nigel would benefit from volunteers to help him when he next collects at P@H? Or even organise a fundraising event on his behalf, something that he doesn't need to worry about himself.

I know they all support each other, I suppose what I meant was, if there's paperwork to be done, could they not share it, organise it so one can have a day off whilst the other takes over for the day, etc. It just seems like such a huge commitment to have to take on alone.

I know times are hard for everyone, and it's those at the bottom already that get the worst of it

I think Nigel would appreciate help with fundraising, not paperwork. Not easy for other small rescues to help with paperwork, they are overburdened as it is with life or death situations. (Rain works on her paperwork during the night when the phone stops!) Could be made easier perhaps with a bit of tin shaking? Or a fundraising event?

What about an online photo "show" to raise money for Nigel's rescue?

One woman bands (Rain Rescue) and one man bands (Nigel) do work together Beansforyou. As do Thornberry, Cats Shelter etc etc, they support each other but each small rescue is under so much pressure. There really is too much to do and little funds to do it with. No one outside of rescue has any idea. I don't know about Nigel's sleeping arrangements (!) but I've known Rain work from very early morning, all day and not go to bed the following night because the website needs updating. Not only is there the awful job of getting dogs out of pounds, cats out of crisis situations, there's fundraising, begging for food, finding homes, rehoming, vet runs, networking with other bigger rescues, accounts, website. Physically, it's draining, emotionally, it's worse. Every day brings sad stories. The phone never stops, the heartache never stops.

Funding is drastically down, you'd be amazed at how hard it is to get money in from funders, and if rescues are lucky enough to get a little, the funders want reports, success stories, newsletters. It all adds to the workload. Everyone wants a piece of you.

Perhaps Nigel would benefit from volunteers to help him when he next collects at P@H? Or even organise a fundraising event on his behalf, something that he doesn't need to worry about himself.

well said Maggie :)

I have just pmd you Nigel with a great fundraising idea!! :D

You are all right. Nigel like all the small rescues tries so hard to keep the money coming in as without this he would not be able to keep helping and the offer of helping out with fund raising would be a god send. Please if you can help out at his next tin shaking weekend, or organize any events to raise funds, please let him know. We all know that times are hard for everyone but tin shaking doesn't cost anything and it not only helps to spread the word, the money raised helps to save a life. Please let him know if you can help - Thank you all in advance for caring. Nix.

Edited by nicholls5