Solicitor needed for elderly parent

As title says, my mum is now in a home so we need a solicitor who, ideally works either on a Saturday morning or late evenings, and can visit mum & us in her nursing home.

It is for advice and to arrange power of attorney.

My brother does not live in or near Sheffield so cannot make a daytime appointment.

Does anyone know of any solicitors in Sheffield who provide this service?

Send Jeffrey Shaw a PM - he may be able to advise

You don't necessarily have to have a solicitor. I arranged POA for my mum myself. Takes a bit of coordination with doctors, relatives etc but I found it relatively straightforward. It depends on the complexity of her affairs, of course, but if you look on the OPG website there's lots of information and advice there and you could save yourself solicitors' fees that way, too.

Hi I can recommend wholeheartedly Mr Paul Angier at Irwin Mitchell 0870 1500 100 (main switchboard for Sheffield). If he is unable to help you on this particular matter he will know someone in the firm who can. He is probably their most senior associate, but he is very approachable and will give you the time of day. His advice is second to none on many aspects of the Law.

Hi I can recommend wholeheartedly Mr Paul Angier at Irwin Mitchell 0870 1500 100 (main switchboard for Sheffield). If he is unable to help you on this particular matter he will know someone in the firm who can. He is probably their most senior associate, but he is very approachable and will give you the time of day. His advice is second to none on many aspects of the Law.

How many more threads are you going to pop up on singing the praises of this man? Are you actually him, a family member or just his best mate? Your post on the thread where the 14 year old claims to have been assaulted is hilarious.

How many more threads are you going to pop up on singing the praises of this man? Are you actually him, a family member or just his best mate? Your post on the thread where the 14 year old claims to have been assaulted is hilarious.

To be fair, I post most in the wedding forum for work reasons, and recommend a photographer we've worked with a lot as I know he's good. I'm not him, or related, I just rate him. Perhaps it's the same thing here? Maybe. Maybe not. All I'm saying is that it's not uncommon to recommend someone if you know they're good.

Phone HLW Keeble Hawson and ask for George Connell or one of his team they will help you out no problem 0114 270 0813

Hi, if you don't fancy the task of dealing with this yourself (having looked at the OPG website), contact APS Legal and associates based in Worksop. We have local associates who provide home visits in the evening or weekend. They can provide you with the LPA/s and register it/them for you as well, taking the hassle off you and your family. Tel 0845 430 4600.