Occupy Sheffield Cathedral (Part 2)

You can't expect anyone to respond you you if you won't show them the same courtesy. You first;

How are Occupy's actions making a difference to the issues affect they talk about?

I don't expect anyone to respond- they can if they want though.

How do you expect someone to respond to you if you're not prepared to find a discussion point mutually acceptable to both?

none of the above interest you then?

That's fine. You've pointed out what even people who aren't even interested have known for at least two years.

But how are Occupy's actions making a difference to the issues affect they talk about?

I don't expect anyone to respond- they can if they want though.

How do you expect someone to respond to you if you're not prepared to find a discussion point mutually acceptable to both?

Blocking hand signal! You've got to deal with this onewheeldave, otherwise we can't move forward in the spirit of group cooperation and consensus.

How are Occupy's actions making a difference to the issues affect they talk about?

That's fine. You've pointed out what even people who aren't even interested have known for at least two years.

But how are Occupy's actions making a difference to the issues affect they talk about?

is it a broken record??, are you just pasting?

by pointing out the various injustices that are currently being made by the financial institutions, and how the world is finite, and how can we keep trying to ring out more money, more resources from a world this is being sucked dry, in some cases literally,

there is a life threatening drought in east africa at the minute. civil war in the middle east, the nuclear threat from Iran and north korea. the possible military intervention to destroy that potential nuclear arsenal, the economic collaspe throughout the western world. is that enough for you??. or do you still want to concentrate on the sheffield cathedral saga?

drought in africa...call geldolph

unrest in middle east...nothing new

nuclear threat...once it was russia...nothing happened

war with iran....not just yet

economic collapse...but thousands grab tickets for the sheffield derby...

as for the tents on church street....who cares no one's interested...

by pointing out the various injustices that are currently being made by the financial institutions, and how the world is finite, and how can we keep trying to ring out more money, more resources from a world this is being sucked dry, in some cases literally,

there is a life threatening drought in east africa at the minute. civil war in the middle east, the nuclear threat from Iran and north korea. the possible military intervention to destroy that potential nuclear arsenal, the economic collaspe throughout the western world.

Blocking hand signal! You've got to deal with this onewheeldave, otherwise we can't move forward in the spirit of group cooperation and consensus.

I can't come up with a discussion point mutually acceptable to both of us, on my own, can I? :)

It's definitly the case that the one you're pushing isn't mutually acceptable to both though.

Dave, lets try this in the spirit of concensous etc.

Do you believe in the principle of weighing actual harm against actual good? Ie even if someone does something which causes harm in the sincere belief that more good will result is it important to look at the reality of the resulting good and weigh it against the harm or should those with good intent be allowed to cause as much harm as they like based soley on that good intent?

I can't come up with a discussion point mutually acceptable to both of us, on my own, can I? :)

It's definitly the case that the one you're pushing isn't mutually acceptable to both though.

That's really weird, because it's the simplest question imaginable of any protest. I'll change the question a bit to help the mood music.

How are Occupy's actions protests making a difference to the issues they talk protest about?

Prior to today’s hearing, Occupy Sheffield offered to move the camp no later than 7 days before the Cathedral required the land for building works. This offer was declined by the Cathedral.
How disingenuous. Note that this says move, not remove.

Occupy Sheffield have offered to budge up to the right. They haven't offered to leave the Cathedral's land - it's no surprise that the Cathedral would decline the rather flaccid "offer".

Edited by Tony