Sign in to follow this  

Shops that say the will beat any like for like quote

has anyone actually put this to the test,i was in meadowhall thursday and saw this,i bought a ps2 at a different shop not 5 mins later for 30 quid cheaper,my missis said we ought to put it to the test but i couldn't be arsed.....do you think they would have stuck to the bargin?

Well on a smaller scale I once Bought a Playstation Game from Game at Meadowhall and saw it for £10 chepaer in Woolworths so I went back and told them so they gave me a £10 refund as they have stickers on games saying they will beat any genuine price.

I did the same in John Lewis. I bought a book there and then found out that it was MUCH cheaper in Waterstones. John Lewis gave me the difference back. Also do you know that that if you buy something in Gap and then within 2 weeks it goes into the sale. If you take your receipt back to Gap they give you the difference back - no hassle. I think that's amazing - everywhere else would just think tough luck!

bugger looks like i could have been 30 quid better off,i just thoght it was a gimmick:|

Originally posted by kirky

bugger looks like i could have been 30 quid better off,i just thoght it was a gimmick:|

having said that i had bought the cheaper one so really i wernt gonna get owt from them was i derrrrrrrrrrrrr,well its a bit early yet:D