**missing cat - woodthorpe area**

***MISSING CAT***

Our cat has been missing for 2 days now. He's a male (you can definitely tell), ginger and white, quite large cat. He answers to the names Ziggy and Gingy. He has sandy coloured eyes. I'll try to attach a photo if I can. If anyone has any information on his whereabouts please contact me on 07432707489. We're really worried. Thanks.

You might be better off with this thread in the Pets section. I hope you find him.

I should give it a bit longer before you start worrying our cat goes missing for over a week at a time and then appears out of the blue looking pleased for himself and he has been snipped so he aint chasing the ladies .

I know, we were just worrying more because he's never been out before. I'm sure he'll be back soon though. Thanks

You need to get a load of posters made up with a pic and your phone number on. Put them in shops, pubs, lamp posts etc. Ask people to check their garages sheds etc. It would be worth knocking on the doors of people on your street. He could've run in to get out of the bad weather and been trapped. Also ring round the local vets, and the council keep a record of any animals killed on the road so please give them a ring too. Jodyallen on here works at the pet cremation service and the councils send any casualties there, so send her a p.m with a picture so she can keep an eye open for you. Does he have a collar/chip? He's probably locked in somewhere and will come home wondering what all the fuss is about soon! Good luck

Hi Starryness, I'm Jodyallen as Smudge has quoted above. Please can you let me know if he has a collar on and if he is chipped. I have noted all his details and your avatar photo. As Smudge also states he will wander back to you..but please follow Smudges excellent advice. Stay positive x

it sounds like he is an entire male ? In which case he has probably gone roaming to find himself a female. I believe un-neutered cats roam as far away as 3 miles from home, whereas neutered cats generally stay much closer to home.

I really hope you find him soon ... have you got a tub with some treats in that you can shake to get his attention ? (we 'trained' ours to come to the sound before we let them go outside for the first time ... it's been a neat trick for finding them when they occasionally disappear).

Failing that suggest calling on your neighbours, checking if they've had their garages / sheds / cellars open recently in case he has got trapped. Then lots of posters with his picture.

Good luck

any news on your puss starryness ?

just to let you all know I have text the owner and the little furry boy is home!!! fantastic news...xx

brilliant, hope they neuter him now. I read an entire male can go up to 10miles mc55. The mind boggles!!

brilliant, hope they neuter him now. I read an entire male can go up to 10miles mc55. The mind boggles!!

wow no wonder so many get lost.

Glad he is home ... it's been a good week for reunions :)

My cat as been missing a day now imhin up like me positive thinking devestated,hes a tabby grey and black cat very pretty for a tom i live in the s2 area off sheffield he has been tagged and neuted cant under stand it so i no what your feeling hope ziggy returns home as my cat lorraine.