Snow thread 2012

Yes, according to Sky news app, they're expecting up to half a centimetre to settle, half a centimetre! Can you imagine that?!

Yes, according to Sky news app, they're expecting up to half a centimetre to settle, half a centimetre! Can you imagine that?!

The issue with that statement "Sky News"

Carol on the BBC says more.

That's my point, to predict half a centimetre is a bit too precise for a weather forecast.

On its way this weekend!

90 % chance of Sheffield seeing significant snow this weekend, get the sledges out!:clap:

Aight where am I going wrong because I just looked at the Met Office site for Sheffield who predicted light snow and only for Saturday? =/

And we've already had light so earlier this week which caused no issues at all =/

oh dear sheffield will go into total meltdown the council wont be able to cope, traffic will come to a standstill/people wont be able to get into work etc:hihi::hihi::hihi:

On its way this weekend!

90 % chance of Sheffield seeing significant snow this weekend, get the sledges out!:clap:

No it's not it's going to be nice and mild and rain all weekend watch this space :D

Rain Rain Rain faster ally ally aster think that's how it goes:P:P:D:):hihi:

On its way this weekend!

The BBC says light snow on Saturday and milder weather on Sunday, which will melt whatever Saturday sends us. So nothing to worry about.

Could you provide a link next time.

If the multimillion pound Forumla1 industry can't predict the weather 10 mins before a race, what chance is there of an accurate prediction for the weekend. That's why they all say 'chance of'. Surely that covers anytime the temperature is near or below freezing and there's clouds in the sky.

Anyway look back at what I've written, I haven't got a clue what my point is. :huh::headbang:

Edited by steroc

New thread merged into Megathread. Please take notice of the search facility before starting new threads.

Thank you

The BBC says light snow on Saturday and milder weather on Sunday, which will melt whatever Saturday sends us. So nothing to worry about.

Could you provide a link next time.

The 5 day forecasts are a joke and should be taken with a pinch of salt if you want to keep up to date with what is going on use net weathers online forum and view the model discussion thread you will find pretty much all you need to know on the there.