Snow thread 2012

Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Yeah, but then we'll probably get droughts. I really don't like heat :hihi: I should move to somewhere that gets snow most of the year.

Yeah, but then we'll probably get droughts. I really don't like heat :hihi: I should move to somewhere that gets snow most of the year.

Your probably right, this country cant cope with any extreme weather!!

I love the snow thread ... Will it? Wont it? Oooh we've had a flake ... blizzard !! *chuckle*

... and within half an hour of the first flake, Ecclesall Road will be at a standstill :hihi: (years of experience working on there)

within an hour all of sheffield will be at a standstill.

awaiting comments from council "it snowed in places where traffic prevented us gritting" or "snow fell earlier than anticipated" or even "wrong type of snow?" lol

Today is the day of the big freeze comrades, please do not fear. Read my post and it may offer words of comfort to ease your fears.

If you do venture out in the car, please have a survival kit at the ready. For example, take a snow shovel, some salt, take a few army issue survival tablets, warm soup, take a warm sleeping bag and wear a warm coat.

Make sure your car has plenty of petrol so you can complete the journey

THINK - JOURNEY, EVALUATE - the journey then ask "do I have enough fuel in my car?" at this point you have to make an informed judgement. If for example, your car is almost empty of fuel, then it is unwise to attempt to drive along the Snake Pass to Manchester to visit the Morrisons near Oldham - much better to visit the MOrrisons at Hillsborough.

Do not take any suicide tablets with you - there is no need to think you need to kill yourself, this weather will only last for ONE DAY. SO a drastic course of action is not needed should you find yourself on Penistone Road when the snow starts to fall.

HAVE FOOD, is your freezer empty? then go to the shops, go to a local shop. Again do not drive to Manchester for a loaf of bread, again if you do make sure you have enough petrol in your car to complete the journey.

STAY WARM - the best way to do this is to STAY INDOORS, put the heating on, watch a few dirty old DVDS in the loft that you may not have seen for some time. If you go out WEAR APPROPRIATE CLOTHES, wear a warm coat, warm shoes and waterproof clothing.

LADYS are known to be silly at this time of year, LADYS, wear warm clothing, if you must venture out, then prepare for the expediation to be undertaken, wear warm clothing (coats) do not go out in a Bikini and Flip flops YOU WILL FREEZE

THINK - COLD = CLOTHES, THINK - AIM I WARM? if you are not warm, evaluate where you are. If you are standing outside in the garden, you may want to think about going inside your home.

MAKE REGULAR CALLS TO YOUR LOVED ONES, but don't make too many. I was calling my parents every 2 minutes last year to make sure they were OK, then all of a sudden they stopped picking up the phone, I though "ARE THEY OK?" the police were sent round, and it seemed my parents had taken the phone off the hook. SO make regular calls, but not TOO MANY REGULAR CALLS.

REMEMBER - the chances of death during this snow period are slim. DO not panic, evaluate where you are, what you are wearing, what you are doing - if you are attempting to cross the M62, then although you may die (after being ran over by a lorry) this may not be snow related, as you could easily die in summer if you attempted to cross the motorway.

DON'T PANIC OR OVERREACT - remember, worse things have happened to people in the past, Charles the 1st had his head cut off and thats far worse than being stuck on Penistone Road in the snow

What's the big deal? It is a little bit of snow forecast, nothing compared to what we had last year. It's winter and we haven't really had any snow yet, and we're in February!

Today is the day of the big freeze comrades, please do not fear. Read my post and it may offer words of comfort to ease your fears.

If you do venture out in the car, please have a survival kit at the ready. For example, take a snow shovel, some salt, take a few army issue survival tablets, warm soup, take a warm sleeping bag and wear a warm coat.

THINK - JOURNEY, EVALUATE - the journey then ask "do I have enough fuel in my car?" at this point you have to make an informed judgement. If for example, your car is almost empty of fuel, then it is unwise to attempt to drive along the Snake Pass to Manchester to visit the Morrisons near Oldham - much better to visit the MOrrisons at Hillsborough.

Do not take any suicide tablets with you - there is no need to think you need to kill yourself, this weather will only last for ONE DAY. SO a drastic course of action is not needed should you find yourself on Penistone Road when the snow starts to fall.

HAVE FOOD, is your freezer empty? then go to the shops, go to a local shop. Again do not drive to Manchester for a loaf of bread, again if you do make sure you have enough petrol in your car to complete the journey.

STAY WARM - the best way to do this is to STAY INDOORS, put the heating on, watch a few dirty old DVDS in the loft that you may not have seen for some time. If you go out WEAR APPROPRIATE CLOTHES, wear a warm coat, warm shoes and waterproof clothing.

LADYS are known to be silly at this time of year, LADYS, wear warm clothing, if you must venture out, then prepare for the expediation to be undertaken, wear warm clothing (coats) do not go out in a Bikini and Flip flops YOU WILL FREEZE

THINK - COLD = CLOTHES, THINK - AIM I WARM? if you are not warm, evaluate where you are. If you are standing outside in the garden, you may want to think about going inside your home.

MAKE REGULAR CALLS TO YOUR LOVED ONES, but don't make too many. I was calling my parents every 2 minutes last year to make sure they were OK, then all of a sudden they stopped picking up the phone, I though "ARE THEY OK?" the police were sent round, and it seemed my parents had taken the phone off the hook. SO make regular calls, but not TOO MANY REGULAR CALLS.

REMEMBER - the chances of death during this snow period are slim. DO not panic, evaluate where you are, what you are wearing, what you are doing - if you are attempting to cross the M62, then although you may die (after being ran over by a lorry) this may not be snow related, as you could easily die in summer if you attempted to cross the motorway.

DON'T PANIC OR OVERREACT - remember, worse things have happened to people in the past, Charles the 1st had his head cut off and thats far worse than being stuck on Penistone Road in the snow

:hihi::hihi: Fantastic!! made me chuckle out load, just what i needed thanks :D

What's the big deal? It is a little bit of snow forecast, nothing compared to what we had last year. It's winter and we haven't really had any snow yet, and we're in February!

I think you wandered into the wrong thread dear.

The ' I'm going to read threads i'm not interested in even though I can see that the titles states quite clearly what the thread relates to, and then post my disinterest so I can seem aloof and Debonair' is in the 'I've got nothing better to do with my time' - section.

I think you wandered into the wrong thread dear.

The ' I'm going to read threads i'm not interested in even though I can see that the titles states quite clearly what the thread relates to, and then post my disinterest so I can seem aloof and Debonair' is in the 'I've got nothing better to do with my time' - section.

now that i did smile at:cool: and very true

Well I did as you said, I put petrol in my car and set off over the snake to Morrison's, but now i'm stuck on the snake as my car is diesel :( your advice isn't very good :(