Wind turbines @ Advanced manufacturing park

anyone work at the advanced manufacturing park or know if/when those wind turbines will ever work or be repaired?

its probably getting close to 2 yrs now since the blades snapped off. nothing seemingly done, its not exactly the best advert for wind power, advanced manufacturing companies or even sheffield with it being so prominent on the main route in/out of the city to the motorway.

the two newer wind turbines are at last spinning away merrily, so whats the story with the two "WES?" turbines ?

As far as I know the original turbines had to be scaled down to meet planning requirements. The mini turbines that were installed failed and the company that installed them has also failed. There are now new larger turbines in the park.

its a shame they havent pulled down the bladeless ones then, it just appears to have been left to rot. the new one is huge by comparison.

they are to be taken down.they were not up to the job of the low wind hence broken blades. they put the large one up as it can cope better with high wind.

:hihi: Why should they be bothered probably still getting there subsidy of 5 / thousand pounds per anum None of them could survive without it / Yes the tax payers me and you / :hihi: ALL in a good cause what a way to run a country :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

i dont mind em if they are at least turning and doing something, the one off the A57 is bigger still, quite a sight as you pass it, but having two prominent wrecked turbines parked outside the advanced park just looks daft. i'd assumed at some point the smaller ones would be repaired with better blades and made to work again. cant be cheap to supply and install

There's a court case going on about the smaller ones after they failed. Those who bought them trying to get their money back from the company they bought them from who are in turn trying to get money back from the company who made. It's quite possible this will be holdiong things up.

I heard that the smaller turbines were to be dismantled before the new larger one was put up but this obviously has not happened, they have got to go soon. Look a right mess.

might get resolved eventually then. pass by there daily and always wondered why they never got sorted.

The sight of the failed turbines left to rot doesn't exactly sit well with the name 'Advanced Manufacturing Park' does it?!!!

The sight of the failed turbines left to rot doesn't exactly sit well with the name 'Advanced Manufacturing Park' does it?!!!

Plus, the street lights haven't worked along that road for ages!