Cornwall for a holiday

Hi all.

Just booked a week down Cornwall in the summer. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to visit? Got two young boys to entertain and can't always rely on the sites entertainment.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

The Minack Theatre is a fabulous experience.

It's outdoors, built into a cliff overlooking the sea, and simply amazing. The show carries on no matter what the weather, and I've never seen a bad production.

There's also Goonhilly Communications Station down on the Lizard, which is very interesting and educational for children.

Body Boarding on Polzeath beach. You can hire all the kit when you get there, even park on the beach.

Crabbing pretty much anywhere where you can get a line in the sea. Harbours are the best places to go, something that Cornwall isn't short of. The lines are only a couple of quid each plus the cheapest bacon you can find for bait.

Has to be St Ives......I've been to many places around the world, but of all of them, I still consider St Ives to be far and away the best place. Four or five beaches, all slightly different. Somehow the light there is like nowhere else I've ever been, especially when it's sunny. Brilliant for photography and or painting. If I had the money I'd move there tomorrow, without hesitation!

Eden project is well worth a visit.

The Minack Theatre is a fabulous experience.

It's outdoors, built into a cliff overlooking the sea, and simply amazing. The show carries on no matter what the weather, and I've never seen a bad production.

There's also Goonhilly Communications Station down on the Lizard, which is very interesting and educational for children.

Goonhilly has been shut a couple of years unfortunately :(

Hi all.

Just booked a week down Cornwall in the summer. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to visit? Got two young boys to entertain and can't always rely on the sites entertainment.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Where abouts in Cornwall are you off to? I love Cornwall- went a few times as a kid, again in 2003 to Mullion, and also in 2009 and 2011 to Holywell Bay (nr Newquay- absolutely gorgeous although cannot comment on Newquay itself as never went).. and last year back down the bottom end, to Chy Carne campsite.

There is Lands End of course (went there in 2009- there was a Dr Who exhibition but I think maybe it's been replaced with something else now?). The Minnack Theatre as someone suggested. Flambards is FAB for the kids- ours were only 2 and 5 last year and plenty of rides for them and older kids. There is Holywell bay fun park if you're that way. Eden project... lots to do, make sure to have a good look online maybe at daysoutwiththekids.co.uk I think it is....

Enjoy- I bloody love that place! We are off to Looe in a couple of months x

Eden Project seconded, look around for cut price tickets though.

Don't go to Tate St Ives though, expensive pile of poo.(and I love art)

Kynance Cove on the Lizard - dramatic and beautiful and free.

we always stay at crantock. absolutely beautiful. if you like walking, the coastal path is lovely. cornwall has something for all ages.

We went to New Quay in 2009. We visited Holywell Bay, there's a kids small fun park there with go-kart rides, panning for gold, crazy golf etc. There's New Quay Zoo. The beach is gorgeous. We only went for a week but as we left my son, who was then 9 said, ''can we come for 2 weeks next time?''. We had a great time, can't wait to go back again one day.

Eden Project seconded, look around for cut price tickets though.

Don't go to Tate St Ives though, expensive pile of poo.(and I love art)

Kynance Cove on the Lizard - dramatic and beautiful and free.

Deffo- Kynance Cove, Church Cove, Holywell Bay, and as someone else mentioned- Crantock- just gorgeous....