What's going on with Virgin Media?

Im do not work for virgin, neither do i know much about it but I know its more than a service fault. Its the box!!!

Or the signal level going into your house but either way an engineer would need to come out......and will probably change your box as well

I am with Virgin Media in S6 and I am totally fed up of it. I have TV packages, internet and mobiles. My internet loses the signal about every 10 minutes, when I try to report it they just talk to you as though you are stupid. I have tried to set a limit on my son's mobile which they said they would do and then the bill is about £30 more than it should be. The call centre is really unhelpful.

I am thinking of going to Sky, has anyone else done it. How much notice do you have to give Virgin and how long does it take to book to set Sky up.

Guest busdriver1
I am with Virgin Media in S6 and I am totally fed up of it. I have TV packages, internet and mobiles. My internet loses the signal about every 10 minutes, when I try to report it they just talk to you as though you are stupid. I have tried to set a limit on my son's mobile which they said they would do and then the bill is about £30 more than it should be. The call centre is really unhelpful.

I am thinking of going to Sky, has anyone else done it. How much notice do you have to give Virgin and how long does it take to book to set Sky up.

Better go to plusnet, I did and the service is much better and no down time.

Freeview replaces the TV package more than adequately since I rarely watch TV anyway

And the call centre staff speak english as well.

I am TOTALLY disgusted with the Customer Services one of my residents received from Virgin Media. On 18th January 2012, up in Wisewood, workmen accidently cut the wires of virgin media to a residents property. This particular resident is very vulnerable and her Virgin telephone line is connected up to City Wide Alarm system. This lady had fallen on the floor and tried her hardest to attract the attention of people outside to let someone know what had happened to her. Two hours later her daughter arrived at the property and found her mom on the floor and her mom had soiled herself. The family contacted Virgin media to explain that there were no telephone connection to the property, that their mother was vulnerable etc etc etc. Virgin said that they could get an engineer out to the property on MONDAY 23RD JANUARY!!!! It took a lot of phone calls (and shouting) from the family, the carers, the Liaison Officer and Site Manager to get Virgin to shake their ass into gear and get the lady's telephone line reconnected. I am the Liaison Officer in question and I am trying to find a way of submitting a formal complaint to Virgin Media. As you seem to be in the know, highflyerjak, can YOU help me with this?

Sorry about that.... :|

Sky TV uses a satellite dish, I doubt it's related to an VM network issues.

Doubt being the operative word....:suspect:

i love virgin..i have had sky bt vision and talk-talk....al l thress internet was very slow and i was told that nothing could be done.Now i know that not every one who is with these companys has slow internet but you just wont know until you've signed up.

with virgin you are guaranteed fast internet(not saying people dont have problems with virgin)but at least its guaranteed speed.

i absolutely love my virgin tivo service.i must admit that switching over and using the remote is much more smoother with sky,but tivo seems to be improving with updates.

Sorry about that.... :|

I got in touch with "Neil Berkett" but it was a "Raj Tandon" that replied to the e-mail. I then got an e-mail from "Penny Patchett" and glad to say, everything has now been dealt with. :thumbsup::D

Or the signal level going into your house but either way an engineer would need to come out......and will probably change your box as well

We had a V+ box just before and that worked perfect. Anyway the guy came and guess what.... He changed the box and it now works!

Hi there Highflyer"joke"

Sorry mate but you are not helping anyone on this as the infomation that you give is totally incorrect.

There are no call centres in Nepal

Virgin don't tell customers when and when not to call in

6 months for a tech, your having a laugh. Only time that could ever happen is if they need to dig up the road.

I insist that people on this thread take the infomation given with a very large pick of salt.

I hope they stop messing with it soon, for a few week now mine has been acting the goat.

Any more and I'm ringing in for a refund.

I had Virgin media TV a few years back and it was a very unpleasent experience despite 22 so called engineers turning up to try to fix the problem they couldn't therefore I cancelled my contract with them. They said I couldn't and I politely informed them as it hadn't worked in the 9 months I'd had it they had broken their terms to me me as a customer. I threatened them with court action and they refunded me all 9 months including the installation fee and I signed up with Sky straight away. I asked them to collect their set box otherwise I would charge them rent for it (£50 a day+vat) and when the engineer came to collect it he saw that I had a Sky dish.... and his imortal words were "Virgin TV is rubbish (I'm being polite here) you're better off with Sky". We've had the same Sky box and never had a problem with it since.

I also have Virgin phone and broadband and have had some rather interesting conversations with various managers over the past 12-18 months or so. When I mentioned the previous action and mentioned court action all of a sudden my broadband works fine and I've since never had any issues with it.

And before I get the sarky comments, to switch to Sky or back to BT its going to cost me a fortune to do so through no fault of my own. Any further issues and Richard Branson can dig into his pocket.

The moral of the story is that fibre optic is supposed to be better which is fine until you have lots of people sharing the same line - it sloows down, with a telephone cable there is one user and this cable goes direct to the exchange (this is not rocket science).

Despite this you have to give Virgin the opportunity to correct the problem, delays do happen for whatever reason however if it happens on a regular basis as it did with our service get onto them and demand a partial refund. They won't refund you cash wise however they will credit your account with at least £10. They will still insist they need to check the line and will leave you on hold for what seems like forever but hang in there. If more people did this then they would have to listen, either that or go bust.

You pay for a service and thats exactly what you should get as opposed to excuses and a call centre in India, where are the managers ?non are available EVER! unless you really push for it