What's going on with Virgin Media?

I'm currently working with Virgin Media as part of my coursework and have been since September so this is how I know!

there is a problem in the Sheffield area generally especially in the S2, S6 & S8 areas. Tonight there has been a problem with the fibre optics in S8 especially resulting in little or no TV channels in some cases. Will it be fixed by 11pm? Million dollar question! Actually, it should be!

Engineers have found the fault and are fixing it now however it may take longer than expected. I've personally been working on the problem since 0800 and only finished around 2000 tonight - one bloke I spoke to got called in at 0340 this morning because of a serious fault and was still at work 20 mins ago when I rang him!

Service should be back fully within 24 hours to ALL areas!

any more info on the problems in s2,s6 + s8 ?, why is the service affected more in these area's ?

any more info on the problems in s2,s6 + s8 ?, why is the service affected more in these area's ?

Should be fixed now. Was down to upgrading everyone's BB speed. :)

virgin media is awful, ive been with them for less than 6 months and i can honestly say that i hardly get the internet. it never works, when i ring up for assistance they are extremely rude and never want to help. they wont send anyone out and wont even credit my account. i dont know what the tv service is like but if youve had any sort of contact with them i can imagine its bad.

I've had a contract with them for about a decade. My TV has worked for that entire time as has my broadband.

There have been problems of course, but I think if I totalled it up it be less than a week of problems in that entire time. Most of the problems with the TV have been the box which just gets replaced.

There was a ping problem once (large latency, packet loss), affecting my gaming, that took a few weeks to be resolved, but they did sort it and kept me updated as they were doing the work.

Thought S8 upgrade was down for June/July time?

Thought S9 upgrade was July time too

Thought S8 upgrade was down for June/July time?

When I phoned VM up last week they told me we were being upgraded in S8 on Feb 20 2012.

When I phoned VM up last week they told me we were being upgraded in S8 on Feb 20 2012.

im sorry if you were told an exact date we cannot give out exact dates as we dont know them purely because if we cannot deliver on that date then it defo looks bad on VM. As far as we know the work will start in the next few months, i know for S9 its definately july onwards and other parts of sheffield october onwards (not bad for a cleaner lol)

im sorry if you were told an exact date we cannot give out exact dates as we dont know them purely because if we cannot deliver on that date then it defo looks bad on VM. As far as we know the work will start in the next few months, i know for S9 its definately july onwards and other parts of sheffield october onwards (not bad for a cleaner lol)

Well, if it doesn't happen, it will just be yet another example of taking back word or misinformation on VM's part, to add to the growing list. I'm getting utterly sick of it to be honest.

Thanks for the information, by the way.

Edited by Darth Vader