What's going on with Virgin Media?

Wish I could get this service as they don't do it in S20 pity

Should be able to within the next 20 months. :)

Just to let you know you are not alone in your suffering.

I am in Hillsborough and have no sky tv.

Sky uses VM cables and in certain areas, the fibre optics. Sky won't tell you this though! :rolleyes:

So, 45 minutes later than promised, and it's still not back on.

Now they say it will be tomorrow. How they can say it would be on for 11pm definitively is beyond me and giving you a time they fail to meet is worse than not giving you a time at all.

SHOULD be back to normal now. ;)

Im agree with the stupid woman on there customer services line. She goes on and on. I'm sure they only have one song too. I'm in S6 and have a fault with my Tivo.

I know its not a service fault but the will not listen and doing all sorts of testing. I had the Tivo installed last Thursday and have had no catch up or on demand service. I know this is not a major problem but i would like to us my box fully not half broken.

I called Monday and got told someone would call me back within 24 hours, now called today to be told it should have been 72 hours. Someone called me back earlier and i am now waiting for another call back. Its so stupid!

Im agree with the stupid woman on there customer services line. She goes on and on. I'm sure they only have one song too. I'm in S6 and have a fault with my Tivo.

I know its not a service fault but the will not listen and doing all sorts of testing. I had the Tivo installed last Thursday and have had no catch up or on demand service. I know this is not a major problem but i would like to us my box fully not half broken.

I called Monday and got told someone would call me back within 24 hours, now called today to be told it should have been 72 hours. Someone called me back earlier and i am now waiting for another call back. Its so stupid!

Very much doubt it's the TiVo box, still problems in S2 & S6 when I left work at 5 tonight - shouldn't be too long before everything is OK. :)

Don't know about broadband, more like elasticband in S11 this evening.

This problem aside how is virgin media in general?. I'm finishing with sky soon, do virgin do decent packages including sky sports and broadband?.

This problem aside how is virgin media in general?. I'm finishing with sky soon, do virgin do decent packages including sky sports and broadband?.

Generally yes (but I'm bound to say that if you look at my location! ;)) with Virgin Media you get the Sky channels PLUS Virgin Media's channels. Got some good offers that range from £20 for TV, Broadband and phone right up to £80!

Give the guys a ring and they can USUALLY 'tinker' the price to your needs. Haven't really heard many complaints about them generally. :)

I'll give em a call then, might be able to sort a decent deal aswell with my sky finishing, cheers.

I'll give em a call then, might be able to sort a decent deal aswell with my sky finishing, cheers.

You will find a better deal on the Virgin Media website as some of the offers are exclusive on there. :)

It is very frustrating, isn't it. I've had to ring 3 times now, as the line just appeard dead after I'd gone through all the options!

Better than E-On though - not that that is saying much! Did you see the Richard Wilson programme the othe night, E-On didn't answer until 58 minutes in, costing the caller about 6 quid for the privilege. It's disgraceful.

Incredibly frustrating, I phoned Ferroli caresafe and I was waiting 59 minutes worse than eon!

Anyhow back to VM my Mum had a fault, it was down 2 days in S8 and I felt bad cos I went round there and accused her of pressing something on the remote. So I went through the 'now lets get you some help' routine -15 mins later I was cut off, and a further 20 minutes later was told the fault was regional - regional? I had come from around the corner and mine was OK!

When I got home and checked on their website according to her tel number all her services were fine (except I knew they weren't). The following day I tried again, after 15 mins asked to be put thru to en English call centre (as someone on here said you could do) then waited a further 15 to come back to another Indian operator to be told we can't do that, we can do everything you can in the UK (yeah apart from speak intelligibly) and was then told it was a local fault and to 'try again in 24-48 hours' What kind of service is this. It really made me mad and it just winds you up so much. Managed to get a £5 refund though and I suggest everyone else pushes for this.

Highflyerjak,

Your info is very interesting on VM.

I think that it might be worth making sure that ALL your information is correct before posting "assistance" on this thread.

I understand that you are trying to help but to actually help you need the RIGHT info.

call centres in Nepal, Sky using VM optic fibre.

I think that some of your "sources" might be incorrect.

Like I said, I understand that you are trying to help. but less of the "c7ap" please.

Cheers