Sheffield is full of teenage mums and dads..

The big annoyance I find is housing benefit--i have to live 3-4 days a week away in essex,to be a day carer-the flat is only one bed so at night i have to use b&b to sleep over when the night carer takes over 4 nights at £35 a night when you only get combined benefits of £170 a week swallows up 140 quid of it.I then have to survive on £30 a week to cover everything else-because you cannot claim B&B costs as housing benefit unless you "live in it permanently" awaiting social housing.It makes my blood boil when people go on about feeling badly done to when they can no longer bill back £400 a week for a flat on housing benefit,when i am surviving on paying effectively my b and b rent out of benefits i am supposed to live on for living costs not the rent,because there is no flexibility in the system that acknowledges you might have to temporarily live outside your own home address in a crisis.

Also the childs sperm donour has 3 kids by 3 different women now uurrrggghhh now hes somebody who should be neutered

Yet you slept with him without using contraception!

I'm not sure when it became socially unacceptable to have children young, but something changed along the line.

Its not socially unacceptable to have children young. Its socially unacceptable to have children when you have no way of providing for them and expect others to do it for you.

I realise that someone young could be in a secure relationship (married or not) and then split but the father and mother together should be working to support their child.

If they then become unemployed which I know is happening more and more a

the moment, then fine its not of their doing and that is where social responsiblity to provide comes into the equation - BUT if neither have a job to start with why on earth are they having children.

I can't get pregnant I'm too old - I can't get treatment I'm too old

All because I had a work ethic and would not bring a child into this world until I was able to provide fully for it without being a drain on society and public funds.

I can't get pregnant I'm too old - I can't get treatment I'm too old

All because I had a work ethic and would not bring a child into this world until I was able to provide fully for it without being a drain on society and public funds.

Thats a shame :(

I did raise the point earlier, if everyone waited until they could fully support the child forever, with no help from the state, then, especially in the current climates, nobody would ever have any!

Agree with everything you said though :)

Yet you slept with him without using contraception!

He had 1 at the time.who he was being a good dad to.dont kbow what happend in his msrable life ah well his loss my gain :hihi:i

possibly the best post on this thread, I agree on this:D Just what i call my kids dad:hihi:

Best name for useless fathers :hihi:.dont regret us kids though eh.love him to bits

It's scarey. I can't believe the amount of teenage mums and dads you see around Sheffield and the surrounding towns pushing prams with 2 or 3 kids and a pit bull in tow as well ! There must be thousands of them. Knocking out kids that will be utterly useless. This country is heading for MASSIVE problems in a few years ! Even worse than now !

A child to a teenager is a retirement present, ALL parents of teenage Mums & Dads should be made to support their offspring until they are 21, why should the rest of us who are responsible people, pay for these no hopers.

It's scarey. I can't believe the amount of teenage mums and dads you see around Sheffield and the surrounding towns pushing prams with 2 or 3 kids and a pit bull in tow as well ! There must be thousands of them. Knocking out kids that will be utterly useless. This country is heading for MASSIVE problems in a few years ! Even worse than now !

I've not read the total thread but your description of teen mums and dads its the most ridiculous thing i have ever read.

I was a teen mum (almost25) and both my children (4 and 7) are top in their class, my 7 year old has a knowledge of planets (and other space facts) that would put most adults to shame. both of my children knew the alphabet and could count to 20 at the age of two, I could go on with other things my children can do.

not all teen parents are like you describe, I'm fed up with idiots thinking all teen mums and dads are like you see on jeremy kyle, believe it or not but some of us are good parents, stay with our babies dads and not just put it about for a council house.

I've not read the total thread but your description of teen mums and dads its the most ridiculous thing i have ever read.

I was a teen mum (almost25) and both my children (4 and 7) are top in their class, my 7 year old has a knowledge of planets (and other space facts) that would put most adults to shame. both of my children knew the alphabet and could count to 20 at the age of two, I could go on with other things my children can do.

not all teen parents are like you describe, I'm fed up with idiots thinking all teen mums and dads are like you see on jeremy kyle, believe it or not but some of us are good parents, stay with our babies dads and not just put it about for a council house.

Sock it to em love! most of the detractors are shrivelled up old professionals who have suddenly realised they have forgot to have kids and now it may be to late.

This is a topic I should not comment on as I will rant, I am not against people having children it is when they make a career out of it I am not saying all do but some do.

It is nice to see people with children and sometimes those who have children young do go on and make something of their lives so no we should not really judge without knowing the full story about people and their situations although we all including me do judge sometimes...............a little bit. :):love:

This is a topic I should not comment on as I will rant, I am not against people having children it is when they make a career out of it I am not saying all do but some do.

It is nice to see people with children and sometimes those who have children young do go on and make something of their lives so no we should not really judge without knowing the full story about people and their situations although we all including me do judge sometimes...............a little bit. :):love:

It's not just some teenage mums that do this. I know quite a few older parents who do the same. I also know a lot of people who were teen mums and are not only good parents but decided to prove the stereotypes wrong by continuing with their education, including going to university and have good jobs now, paying a lot back to society. People should not be judged by their appearance but as you say too many people do.

A child to a teenager is a retirement present, ALL parents of teenage Mums & Dads should be made to support their offspring until they are 21, why should the rest of us who are responsible people, pay for these no hopers.

Not all teenage parents are no hopers!!! I know several teenage parents who are now in very good professions - teachers, nurses, etc.