Sheffield is full of teenage mums and dads..

Kids having kids because it’s the easy option …… why go to school and get a education when everything is available for the drop outs … why get up at 5am and do a 12hr shift when your neighbour is getting it all for nothing………….. answers on a post card.

The trouble these days is that lads these days are like a ferret up a drain pipe, or like rabbit running into a hole.

Thats the root of the problem.

But then others might say why bother with the effort of trying to do a days work when the costs for workers are ever rising, the things that workers cannot avoid (such as car insurance) are rising. And before some bright spark says use the bus, its quite hard these days to get a job that happens to be on a bus route, and jobs these days tend not to be in walking distance from your home

Kids having kids because it’s the easy option …… why go to school and get a education when everything is available for the drop outs … why get up at 5am and do a 12hr shift when your neighbour is getting it all for nothing………….. answers on a post card.

By definition someone capable of having a child is an ADULT. As they have progressed through puberty and are now capable of REPRODUCTION.

The UK has a birth rate so low that it cannot repopulate itself, hence the policy of allowing IMMIGRATION.

We treat our adults like children, this is a very stupid thing to do.

We now have women putting off having children till their late 30s and 40s, many of them go on to have disabled children (Which can yield upwards of £200 per week in child tax credits and DLA).

The government should sort out the housing crisis first to increase the birth rate. Upon finishing school, each child reaching adulthood should be given a house. Cash payments should be made to women if they have children after 20 but before the age of 25. Smaller cash payments should be made to those having children in the age range 25-30.

We can then have a healthier society.

Edited by chem1st

The trouble these days is that lads these days are like a ferret up a drain pipe, or like rabbit running into a hole.

And women have lost the ability to cross their legs.

And women have lost the ability to cross their legs.

The problem is that people ARE NOT BREEDING ENOUGH! A total fertility rate of 2.1 is enough to replenish the population.

Not since 1971 has the TFR been above 2.1.

The birth rate is practically the lowest it has ever been. Although it has recently risen somewhat.

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/images/graphs/Paper_9_27/graph1.gif

Teenage pregnancies falling.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8531227.stm

The problem is that people ARE NOT BREEDING ENOUGH! A total fertility rate of 2.1 is enough to replenish the population.

Not since 1971 has the TFR been above 2.1.

The birth rate is practically the lowest it has ever been. Although it has recently risen somewhat.

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/images/graphs/Paper_9_27/graph1.gif

Teenage pregnancies falling.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8531227.stm

How does that equate to the number of houses available.

its called the next generation, and yes they think its a game. no hope for the world

How does that equate to the number of houses available.

Assuming no immigration and 0 house building/demolition as pensioners die off in their droves, there will be more houses available. Prices will fall for 41 years + in relative terms. Supply and demand.

Sheffield is stereotyped as a place for teenage parents but I would hardly class the ages of 18 an 19 as teenagers, yes they may technically be eigh(teen) and nine(teen) but I was under the impression that you become an adult at the age of 18 :/

People see what they think as young mums and come to the assumption that they are too young and not responsible enough, well in my opinion people don't really don't have the right to jump to this conclusion as they do not personally know these people and cannot possibly know whether they are responsible enough or not. Whose to say that there aren't 30 or 40 year old parents who are irresponsible?

Lots of aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, babysitters take children out and are frowned upon, most people would like to think that these people enjoy taking the children out to spend time with them etc but instead they feel ashamed to be seen walking in the street with the fear that everyone is staring and whispering with disappointed looks.

It's quite hypocritical of the older generation to come to these assumptions because it was their parents who were marrying off at the ages 18, 19, 20 and were starting families around the same time.

Not all young people are irresponsible, i'm 18 and if I were to get pregnant I would make sure that I would be in a stable relationship, have a steady money income (from work not benefits) and also a home that is stable for us all to live). Being any catagory aged parent could go either way, you're either a great parent or you're not. It's all dependable on what you are taught by your parents, friends, teachers etc.

I think you will find that its not the older, older generation that are casting the aspersions but the 35 to 45 year olds who think that being high flyers is the main thing in life.To achieve this they often forgo having a family until it is some times to late and therefore look down on the young parents who have perhaps muggled through with a young family who by the time they reach 40 or so are off their hands, And so it then becomes their turn to start living the more free and easy life style.

This was always the way things worked and worked well when people were not so materialistic.

We dont live in the 1950's where its the norm to get married then have kids. As long as the kids are looked after by their parents what does age matter. I cant stand benefit dossers no matter what age who expect people to keep their kids, a woman around the corner ocne called my mum a bad mum for going to work...her words were "why have kids to go to work and not look after them"...needless to say she's on number 6!! Ive just had a baby 3 months ago, was 20 at the time, have a job, so does my partner, we claim no benefits, we are entitled to a small amount of tax credits and we have saved a deposit for our own house. I also go to uni, Age means nothing!

We dont live in the 1950's where its the norm to get married then have kids. As long as the kids are looked after by their parents what does age matter. I cant stand benefit dossers no matter what age who expect people to keep their kids, a woman around the corner ocne called my mum a bad mum for going to work...her words were "why have kids to go to work and not look after them"...needless to say she's on number 6!! Ive just had a baby 3 months ago, was 20 at the time, have a job, so does my partner, we claim no benefits, we are entitled to a small amount of tax credits and we have saved a deposit for our own house. I also go to uni, Age means nothing!

Spot on lady, spot on. Your beef is the same as mine.

It doesn't matter how old the mum is, it's the attitude of that mum towards bringing her child up, and the forthinking of how her child is to be supported that matters.

Tax credits are for all intents and purposes a benefit. Unemployed parents get more in tax credits than they do it traditional 'benefits'.

If you don't believe that tax credits are a benefit, then perhaps we should stop calling the unemployed parents, 'unemployed' and instead call them 'tax creditors' as this is where the majority of their income comes from.