Sheffield is full of teenage mums and dads..

...and if that's the attitude with their no job, no money and no homes just who exactly is supposed to pay for their breading?

Oh yeah... us taxpayers of course.

Never heard anything so thick.

Having children is a responsibility that needs to be considered from all aspects. If people are too stupid to realise that they need to keep their legs shut.

Well said.............my sentiments exactly

I judge a mum of any age by whether she interacts with her child or whether she ignores it to concentrate on her mobile.

Well said, totally agree

Take a look around you at what is going on in this country right now. It just won't be possible to support all the useless kids these single teenage women are producing. We have to develope a culture that if you have kids then you pay for them. But that is not happening. The off-spring of these women will drift into a life of drugs and crime because they will be uneducated and ignorant. But that is happening now. A sad state of affairs.

Edited by sheff50
wrong spelling

Well, I am a 24 year old married pregnant woman who works full time earning a decent wage. My husband also works full time earning a decent wage. We don't receive any support as in benefits, council housing etc - we have done everything ourselves. We currently private rent and are saving a deposit for a mortgage. Even in this economy and the wages we earn, we still struggle after all of our necessary expenses.

As our household earns over the threshold we aren't entitled to any help (not that we'd want it). I and my husband have both worked everyday (except weekends, holidays and sickness) since we were 16. Paid a stupid amount in tax and national insurance etc yet we aren't entitled to claim any of that back in the form of 'help'.

Yet my sister, who is 18, unemployed (never worked a day in her life), uneducated and still lives with my mother who hasn't paid a thing into the system, and doesn't intend to has got herself pregnant and guess what?? She's given a house, no rent, cheap bills, JSA, Income Support, Maternity Grant, Housing Grant … in effect, she's earning more than myself when all she does is sit on her arse all day doing nothing!!

It makes me sick that I'm having to pay my taxes to support people like her. Don't get me wrong, I love my sister dearly but disagree with the way she's leading her life.

I have principles and will continue to work, even after giving birth. It's the way I have been brought up (by my Grandparents). But thinking about it I would be better off quitting my job (hubby too), going on benefits and to keep popping children out as more children means more money and a house etc.

It doesn't pay in this country anymore to be a hard working married couple - if anything you are penalised for it.

As for teenage Mums in Sheffield, I don't really care. I respect the ones who actually do make their life better by getting a job, getting educated and trying their hardest to make the best life possible for their child - I have a few friends who have done this. They are single Mums where the pregnancy wasn't planned, yet they've got a job and provide and care for their child.

It's the ones who pop child after child after child that annoy me. Yes I know taxes get spent on other things, not just CTC, HB etc but a proportion does go to these low lifes who think it's acceptable to claim hard workers money to fund their spliff smoking, alcohol drinking layabout way of life. And it's proven that a lot children who are brought up by parents like these follow suit. It's a vicious circle. They see their parents on the dole and doing nothing with their lives, therefore think that's ok and do that themselves.

Well, I am a 24 year old married pregnant woman who works full time earning a decent wage. My husband also works full time earning a decent wage. We don't receive any support as in benefits, council housing etc - we have done everything ourselves. We currently private rent and are saving a deposit for a mortgage. Even in this economy and the wages we earn, we still struggle after all of our necessary expenses.

As our household earns over the threshold we aren't entitled to any help (not that we'd want it). I and my husband have both worked everyday (except weekends, holidays and sickness) since we were 16. Paid a stupid amount in tax and national insurance etc yet we aren't entitled to claim any of that back in the form of 'help'.

Yet my sister, who is 18, unemployed (never worked a day in her life), uneducated and still lives with my mother who hasn't paid a thing into the system, and doesn't intend to has got herself pregnant and guess what?? She's given a house, no rent, cheap bills, JSA, Income Support, Maternity Grant, Housing Grant … in effect, she's earning more than myself when all she does is sit on her arse all day doing nothing!!

It makes me sick that I'm having to pay my taxes to support people like her. Don't get me wrong, I love my sister dearly but disagree with the way she's leading her life.

I have principles and will continue to work, even after giving birth. It's the way I have been brought up (by my Grandparents). But thinking about it I would be better off quitting my job (hubby too), going on benefits and to keep popping children out as more children means more money and a house etc.

It doesn't pay in this country anymore to be a hard working married couple - if anything you are penalised for it.

As for teenage Mums in Sheffield, I don't really care. I respect the ones who actually do make their life better by getting a job, getting educated and trying their hardest to make the best life possible for their child - I have a few friends who have done this. They are single Mums where the pregnancy wasn't planned, yet they've got a job and provide and care for their child.

It's the ones who pop child after child after child that annoy me. Yes I know taxes get spent on other things, not just CTC, HB etc but a proportion does go to these low lifes who think it's acceptable to claim hard workers money to fund their spliff smoking, alcohol drinking layabout way of life. And it's proven that a lot children who are brought up by parents like these follow suit. It's a vicious circle. They see their parents on the dole and doing nothing with their lives, therefore think that's ok and do that themselves.

Nice post, stick to your principles Leesha, don't sink to their level. In any walk of life there will be people who want to work, but can't and people who don't want to work and never will. I don't mind helping the first group.......

I don't think many choose to stay at home all day with the kids. It's not the mums fault, dad chose to go AWOL.

I mean how much is things like childcare? bet its not cheap. We should be helping those that want to bring up kids not branding them all benefits scroungers.

How do you know how many choose to stay at home? Do you have any statistics to back that up?

How do you know it's not the mum's fault that the dad goes AWOL? I think most of us have read about serial dad's, the ones who get a long line of girls pregnant with no intention of staying around, this bloke being probably the best known, but by no means the only one http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1366073/Serial-dad-Keith-Macdonald-fathers-11th-child-16.html so are you saying his reputation is not a warning sign that he might go "AWOL"

Childcare in the UK costs an average of 3.84 per child per hour, that took me all of two minutes to find out, using Google http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/workandchildcare/costofcare/

Were you saying that I was branding all unemployed single mums benefits scroungers, if so where did I say that?

It isn't so much the teenage mums, and chavs, it's the rude teenage mums and chavs.

I wouldn't have a problem with these people if any of them had any manners, but apparently they do not, so that's why I have a problem with them. In the old days working class people had good manners, with the new generation, they appear to have all but gone.

They drop litter, they barge past you on the pavement walking 2 or 3 abreast, forcing you to move out of the way without even looking at you, let alone saying excuse me or thanks, they behave the same way in shops, rarely opening doors, on buses they are mostly horrible, coughing and sniffing their germs without ever covering their mouths and being generally ignorant.

It they have no jobs and are struggling, then maybe they should learn some manners. Manners open doors for people.

You're sure you're not exaggerating at all? She lives with your mum but has been given a house? She isn't looking for work, but gets both JSA and income support???

You're sure you're not exaggerating at all? She lives with your mum but has been given a house? She isn't looking for work, but gets both JSA and income support???

She can't get both IS and JSA. It's one or the other. It'll be IS in this case as she won't be expected to work till her child is a certain age (7 I think).

Well don't worry because that'll change soon when you give birth. You'll be able to get SMP and Child Benefit and probably Tax Credits as well as your joint income will fall. Then your sister will call you a scrounger.

if thats your only judgement of a mother then you obviously havent got a clue............reallly depends on why the mother would be ignoring her child when shes on her mobile/phone, maybe it could be a important phone call and the child is just pestering??......my children pester me whilst on the phone and sometimes ignore them or tell them to wait until iv finished as i have been taught it is rude to interupt a conversation, sometimes i have stopped my conversation to see to my children so obviously depends, some people may think differently, but as i say if you dont know the full story it is not your right to judge.

i personally think 'their life their choice' and has little or nothing to do with anyone else, everybody else decides what they want to do with their life or even make mistakes, have unplanned pregnancies/babies and make wrong decisions.

if i saw a 15/16/17 year old girl with a baby or pregnant i wouldnt feel the need to butt my nose in and tell her shes wrong, shes a no hoper, a scrounger, i wouldnt say anything at all, its her choice her life not mine, and same goes if i saw a 40/50/60 year old with a baby or pregnant who am i to judge, maybe some younger girls have previously been told they cant have children and then get caught and subsequently have the child because that may be there only chance??? and same for the older generation maybe they have tried for years after putting a career first and now wish they tried when they was younger.......depends doesnt it, depends on a whole load of reasons, so just because a mother ignores her child whilst using the phone doesnt make them a bad parent?!

I didn't make clear that I was referring to Mums on the bus, who park the buggie then ignore the child to text/play games. I seem to have touched a nerve.

Yes........more Mums than Dads. Thats what worries me !

So are there like a group of males just going round throwing their seed about then leaving???? :huh: