F1 2012 Season Megathread

I didn't think you had a point.

Well, I did start my post with

This does raise two questions

which is generally an indication that there is a point to the post.

I can't be bothered with this, you seem to be under the impression I'm some Ferrari stooge who's upset that Vettel didn't get a penalty, and am determined to find some way of turning this incident to Alonso's advantage, which is completely wrong. I had wanted to discuss ways that the FIA could stop this sort of complaint from happening in the future, but you know what, I don't care anymore.

Well, I did start my post with

which is generally an indication that there is a point to the post.

I can't be bothered with this, you seem to be under the impression I'm some Ferrari stooge who's upset that Vettel didn't get a penalty, and am determined to find some way of turning this incident to Alonso's advantage, which is completely wrong. I had wanted to discuss ways that the FIA could stop this sort of complaint from happening in the future, but you know what, I don't care anymore.

To be honest I'm under the impression that you are an armchair pundit who has never been to a motor race in his life.

There was no complaint to prevent. The on board telemetry was available to everyone at the circuit who mattered and the reason no one complained is there wasn't anything to complain about. The folks making the fuss were TV commentators who thought they saw something in their limited vision and lack of telemetry. That's it..

I'm not referring to this incident in particular, but to the issue that was raised in general, and how the FIA could stop this sort of issue from happening.

Does it happen often, or only when Ferrari spit their dummy out?

All this has gone to show is that Vettel is an outstanding observant driver to see that steward's flag and even more deserved of the win.

---------- Post added 05-12-2012 at 12:23 ----------

And the dummy spitting continues:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20579360

I've always been a big fan of F1 but it's too contrived nowadays... DRS, not being allowed to defend position, wacking great run offs where drivers who make mistakes just floor the accelerator to rejoin the track losing no time at all, the safety car being brought out at every opportunity to bunch up the field, refueling banned making different strategies non existent, joke tyres that wear excessively if a driver pushes too hard and being forced to use particular sets of tyres.

It's a shame that it has had to go this way in order to get mass market appeal.

Edited by MickM

I've always been a big fan of F1 but it's too contrived nowadays... DRS, not being allowed to defend position, wacking great run offs where drivers who make mistakes just floor the accelerator to rejoin the track losing no time at all, the safety car being brought out at every opportunity to bunch up the field, refueling banned making different strategies non existent, joke tyres that wear excessively if a driver pushes too hard and being forced to use particular sets of tyres.

It's a shame that it has had to go this way in order to get mass market appeal.

It had to make most of those changes for Health & Safety (certainly refueling).

Maybe they should bring back more gravel traps though.

Although from here on in your going to see smaller engines so really the element of high performance racing starts to go out of the window.