Mohammed Ali 70 today

Seconded. The greatest boxer of all time. I doubt anyone could have stopped him in his prime not even Tyson

Seconded. The greatest boxer of all time. I doubt anyone could have stopped him in his prime not even Tyson

Tyson in his prime was awsome [ hate that word so why did i use it ] but i agree that ali was the greatest of all time.

I remember actually meeting Ali and shook his hand back in the 80's. It was a chance meeting in a hotel foyer in Birmingham. He was a complete gent, although his afliction was really noticeable. I think that's probably my one and only claim to fame!...lol

Tyson in his prime was awsome [ hate that word so why did i use it ] but i agree that ali was the greatest of all time.
Tyson was a truly great in his prime. A real powerhouse but he was a one trick pony. It was a great trick, one you didn't get tired of watching but Ali would have tired him out and disposed of him after 10 or 11 rounds

As a teenager back in the 60's, when Ali fights were to be shown on TV all the family would stay up to watch him.

He was a legend and the best so far - he use to say of himself:

' Floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee '

happy birthday to a living legend remember watching when he got beat tears in my eyes still the best in his prime

ali was and is a true legend - boxer yes, but he used his fame to convince black americans and others of their worth in the face of grotesque racism - as cassius clay, olympic gold medal winner, he was refused service in a southern restaurant and threw the medal in a nearby swamp, it's still there - he refused to fight in vietnam, lost his titles and his liberty, went to prison, said 'no vietcong ever called me a n*****' - he embodied the awakening of black political consciousness in the 60's and came back to whack the hell out his opponents for years after.

what a man.

Most of his championship opponents are dead, however he is as strong in adversity as he was in his pomp.

Happy birthday champ.

programme about ali starting now on itv 4.