Stars & Mayfair, Drinks licence

I've had a few instances before when (Nigel?) has answered calls on his mobile, but I do appreciate they are busy at times and can't always answer! I've got the info I need now, so thank you, but I'll just wait until the 31st, then hope for the best :D x

Apologies for raising this point here, & I hope that the licence is restored in time for your wedding party, but it's a shame that innocent, law-abiding people have to suffer because of a minority of idiots that are bound up in this 'gangsta' culture thing. It's affected a few bars in town as well - usually the black-orientated/R'n'B type places - certain folks who seem to be obsessed with bling, materialism, self-preservation, violence, gang-culture, pathetic rivalries & retribution. It's a cancer of the UK, & a shame that so many whites are buying into that negative culture as well. What's happened to respect, diplomacy, manners, courtesy - thinking about things, & the consequences of one's actions, before striking out - and just having a good time when you go out, not having to watch your back all the time? Rant over …!

Yep, unfortunately as Stars are allowing promoters to hire the rooms (their money is as good as anyones) rather than staying with the private functions side of it, they are open to these things happening, just like any other night club is, the difference being that with most of the others, people aren't getting their private birthday parties and wedding receptions etc interfered with by the trouble. I'm gutted for anyone who has had to make last minute changes to their plans because of his :( I'm confident that I'll be ok, but just a good job I didn't get married this month!

Surprising given the promises made. Obviously wanted to make an example of them.

Does wedding insurance cover this kind of eventuality?

I also had my wedding reception booked at Stars,however i dont get married until July 2013.When i heard about what had happened on NYE i rang and spoke to Nigel explained that i wanted to cancel my booking due to the circumstances,I was asked to put this in writing.I had signed a contract which stated that there was a non refundable deposit of £200.However due to the extreme circumstances of why i was cancelling i think this should be looked at differently.I took the letter to Skate central myself so it didnt get lost in the post and Nigel said i would here from in a couple of days......i rang him a week and half later because he hadnt contacted me and said that he had to but things forward to his insurance to see if they would pay out and i had to wait until 31.01.12 to see what happened,like we all know their license has now been revoked,Im just glad that i dont get married till next year so i have time to arrange another reception but were still waiting to here if we will get our deposit back

sorry for the essay and good luck to everyone who had booked their reception with them i hope you can get sorted especially Leah-Lacie

@SYorksDeano can anyone look at the evidence submitted?

I wanted to cancel soon as i heard what had happened for 2 main reasons 1. i dont want to be havinh my first dance on the dance floor where the guy bleed to death and 2. I cant imagine celebrating when a family lost a member in the same place.Im just waiting to here from Nigel to see what happens,I have also looked at the evidence presented to the town hall and some of it is shocking.If they have revoked their license whats going to make them change their minds?

Well that went well didn't it :|

Still haven't got in touch with Nigel, poor form that he hasn't contacted me himself tbh.

Had it booked for well over 18 months now, every little thing is planned to suit that room. I am gutted, and with 5 weeks to go, things are looking pretty bloody bad for finding somewhere else.

I don't have wedding insurance, I didn't even know you could get that up until about 2 weeks ago when i saw it mentioned in the wedding group regarding a dress shop going bust.

Done absolutely every little thing by myself, no help from anyone, and they still don't want to help now, useless buggers, so I'm pretty much hitting a wall at the minute :hihi:

Totally out of budget to pay any extra than we were, managed the lot for under £2500, and really couldn't go any higher, so thats going to be a major problem.

makes it that much worse that I should have got married in November 2011, and put it off due to having a baby (she was due on the wedding date, but came a bit early) and I should have just gone ahead and done it then. I've got a bit of post natal depression and the bits of final planning I were doing were what was keeping me focused, and I don't think I've got it in me to do it ALL again, not with so little time actually feel like calling the lot off at the min!

Doubt if he will get any temporary licence, and as posted above, if he can only have 12 a year, and has "108 already booked for the coming year" - Which ones is he going to do?

Get something else sorted NOW before you end up in my situation :)

And with whats been posted, it seems they are trying to get out of returning deposits, yes, non-refundable, but it wouldn't be me cancelling would it, it would be them, unless thats why hes not getting in touch, hes not actually cancelling anything. When do you think he plans to let me know that I can't have my wedding reception there? The day before maybe?

Also just noticed my huge pile of totally wasted wedding stationery with the wrong venue on, my god :help: