Stars & Mayfair, Drinks licence

All i keep getting in response is your booking is so far away ...............

mine isnt till july 2013 so just under 18 months but i worry about little thing, i understand its so far away but we have a budget of £2000 so every bit is allocated to something else.I do really feel sorry for people who have their weddings coming up in the next few months,I did asked to cancel the venue as soon as i heard about what happened on NYE but this changes things.I feel like nobody really knows whats happening and we are just having to wait around rather than getting a yes or no to a refund especially now i know i could have paid a smaller deposit.

I might speak to citizens advice see what they say,as its a different story from everyone.let me know what trading standards say or if they can help.Its not fair to keep people hanging on x

The focus of the posts seems to be alcohol but I think entertainment is licensable too - so if as Skate says they will give beer away for free, this would be fine but only if sitting in a room with no live or recorded music!!

Police are the only ones who can object to temporary event notices and imagine they very well would - ooh and also confused by the presumption in Skates post that if the place is taken over they 'would be granted a licence' - well not necessarily, surely the Police or anyone else could again object and the licensing council make a decision, which may include grant, but might not?

Its all a sad mess and I feel for the people who have bookings but if I were you I would be getting your own advice rather than listening to posters on here, including Skate, or the Star who couldnt get things right if they tried!

I'm confused by this so called 'takeover' as well. Chances are all it will be is another personal licence holder making an application for the place.

I am also quite amazed that this Nigel can say '1 or 2 serious disturbances' when the evidence quite clearly shows a lot more than 1 or 2. When members of your own staff are phoning asking for police assistance on more than 2 occasions, to me and probably to other people it sounds like criminal activity AND gangs go to the place and the licence holder is to afraid to do anything about it.

Having said that, as the premises licence is revoked, what happens to the personal licence holders licence? Is that revoked as well?

I have to agree with you SYorksDeano,I cant believe nigel can say 1 0r 2 instances when it clearly states more also 1 of them been murder how more serious can you get?? Has the liquer license been revoked aswell becuase if it has how are they going to purchase beer?

I have to agree with you SYorksDeano,I cant believe nigel can say 1 0r 2 instances when it clearly states more also 1 of them been murder how more serious can you get?? Has the liquer license been revoked aswell becuase if it has how are they going to purchase beer?

You dont need a license to buy beer, just one to sell it.

To buy beer from a cash and carry they will or SHOULD ask to see a copy of their liquer license

To buy beer from a cash and carry they will or SHOULD ask to see a copy of their liquer license

Utter horseplop. I have bought alcohol from a cash and carry before and I am not asked for anything.

like i said you should be asked for it my hubby to be is supervisor in a big cash and carry but again like i said you shouldbe asked,and im talking about pallets of beer and spirits not just a few cans and bottles

I know itsof no help to the rest of us, but my partner's Dad is a licensee, and runs a pub as well as a strip club in Maidenhead, which has seen its fair share of trouble, so I asked him how it goes. He confirmed what was said about being legally allowed to trade once an appeal is lodged, and until the appeal has been heard in court, which he also said, the same as Nigel, could take well over 4 months to happen.