Gove: "Lets buy the Queen a £60m Yacht!"

Nowhere - that's why its in the General section.

it must have started off in Sheffield discussions , as i try not to go in general,

my apologies if not,

isn't:

Buckingham Palace

Windsor Castle

Palace of Holyroodhouse

Sandringham House

Balmoral Castle

Half of London

enough that we need to buy her another toy?

Edited by WeX

isn't:

Buckingham Palace

Windsor Castle

Palace of Holyroodhouse

Sandringham House

Balmoral Castle

Half of London

enough that we need to buy her another toy?

Sorry, i have to correct you there.

When that place burnt down i clearly remember Queenie saying on TV, "its the nations building so i want your dosh to fix it"

Or something.

Strange, seeing as that's exactly what it is.

It's also inaccurate. Rather than taxpayers' money, the project would be funded through private commercial donations and the plan is to set the vessel up as an asset for various uses including youth development and to make a it a (I quote from Radio 4 this morning) floating university.

Paid for by business donors from across the Commonwealth - already a Canadian consortium has offered £10m - not the taxes of bitter left wingers (most of whom probably pay little or no tax anyway).[/QUOTE]

Where's your evidence - or is this just another lazy assumption?

Balmoral Castle

Balmoral is her own land, not Crown Estate. It is owned by the person of Elizabeth Windsor, not the Crown of Elizabeth II.

I note that Gove was born in the summer of 67, the original Summer Of Love. I can only assume his parents were doing a lot of acid and christ knows what else in the nine months before his birth. He is a total imbecile.

I doubt he'll know, he was adopted as a baby. I think he has some reasonable comments to make about that subject. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1359455/Michael-Gove-Ill-scrap-adoption-process-restrictions-gave-second-chance.html

However, I'm not so sure about a new yacht. Except of course, it would offer employment to some ship builders.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

It would give a large scale celebration to lift the countrys spirits, what planet is this moron on? It is not the gift, it is the thought that counts so he can nip down to Poundland and get her something.

Or if he wants to have a whipround in the cabinet and buy it between the Government they could get this one.

http://www.superyachts.com/luxury-yachts-for-sale/sycara-v-974/

Edited by iansheff

Sorry, i have to correct you there.

When that place burnt down i clearly remember Queenie saying on TV, "its the nations building so i want your dosh to fix it"

Or something.

if its the nations building, try and book yourself a nice weekend there and see ho far that gets you.

if its used by the exclusively its as good as theirs. The only issue they have is they cannot sell it.

Balmoral is her own land, not Crown Estate. It is owned by the person of Elizabeth Windsor, not the Crown of Elizabeth II.

what does this mean in the contexts of "she already has X why does she need Y?

what does this mean in the contexts of "she already has X why does she need Y?

She doesn't need a big boat. She just deserves it for the years of hard work and dedication it takes to be an unelected monarch.

;)

Let's not let the truth get in the way of a left wing rant shall we? No tax payers money will be used, it will be 100% privately funded, five Canadian business men have already pledged circa £10 Million towards it's cost.

The new yacht would cost circa 1% of the cost of the Olympic swimming pool, or the same cost as the Olympic Games opening ceremony. It will not be owned by the Queen, who would use it for state visits etc. It's main use would be to promote UK Ltd and would also be used by schools, colleges and universities. As it would be owned by the nation, political visits and meetings will take place on it.

So do we have it or not? :rolleyes:

Let's not let the truth get in the way of a left wing rant shall we? No tax payers money will be used, it will be 100% privately funded, five Canadian business men have already pledged circa £10 Million towards it's cost.

The new yacht would cost circa 1% of the cost of the Olympic swimming pool, or the same cost as the Olympic Games opening ceremony. It will not be owned by the Queen, who would use it for state visits etc. It's main use would be to promote UK Ltd and would also be used by schools, colleges and universities. As it would be owned by the nation, political visits and meetings will take place on it.

So do we have it or not? :rolleyes:

we all have the opportunity to use an Olympic swimming pool .. will we all get to use this yacht?