POSTPONED - Shamblers Walking Group - Porter Valley - Thursday 19th January

POSTPONED due to bad weather

NEW WALKERS ALWAYS WELCOME

Description

The usual Porter Valley to Forge Dam walk, starting in Endcliffe Park, and then returning via the road through Fulwood and Ranmoor, where apparently there are one or two decent pubs, who knows we may even stop in one or two. The walk is roughly 4 miles and will take about 1.5 hours not including any pub time. The terrian will be decent paths, footpaths and pavements all the way. There are no steep ascents or descents.

Details

Start time: 6:50pm

Meeting point: Entrance gates to Endcliffe Park, just off the Hunters Bar roundabout on Ecclesall Road

Parking: On road parking on surrounding streets

Public Transport: Plenty of local buses go up Ecclesall Road

Walk Leaders: Village Owl

Additional information:

PLEASE BRING A TORCH IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE THE SHAMBLERS HAVE SOME WE CAN LEND OUT

Importamt:

Anyone joining the walk should be of a level of fitness relative to the walk being undertaken, be appropriately dressed, have suitable footwear, and have with them enough food and drink for the duration of the walk.

Edited by Hippiechick3

I'll be there too

I'm coming along with 3 fellow walkers

Walk has been POSTPONED due to rain and bad weather in city centre, it will be rescheduled for next week. Sorry.

Edited by Hippiechick3

You did right postponing that last night. I took the dog out for a walk and felt like I was being shot blasted with ice !!!

You did right postponing that last night. I took the dog out for a walk and felt like I was being shot blasted with ice !!!

Thanks for that, it's nice to know we made the right decision, not only that it lets people know on here that it was cancelled in case they were to turn up unexpected.