Roofer recommendations megathread - NO JOBS, ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Will be having a pitched slate roof replaced soon and wondered if it would be worth getting 3 or 4 velux put in at the same time in advance of converting the loft in the future. Would this be wise or even save me any money in the future?

Appreciate I'd have to establish where they would need to be placed to work in the eventual conversion.

Will be having a pitched slate roof replaced soon and wondered if it would be worth getting 3 or 4 velux put in at the same time in advance of converting the loft in the future. Would this be wise or even save me any money in the future?

Appreciate I'd have to establish where they would need to be placed to work in the eventual conversion.

Simple answer, yes.

Its an extra £30 on the building control notice while doing the re roof and its a lot easier to fit them to an unconverted loft space.

Hi peeps

My friends garage roof is leaking like a floozy's undergarments because of all the rain - anyone know any decent roofers they would recommend?

Ta;)

Risco roofers

Roofinginsheffield@live.co.uk

---------- Post added 06-09-2017 at 11:40 ----------

Roofinginsheffield@live.co.uk

Does anyone know roughly what a roofer or chippy would charge to fit a Velux window?

I have the window, flashing kit etc and it is to go in an attic bedroom with easy access. Thanks

Does anyone know roughly what a roofer or chippy would charge to fit a Velux window?

I have the window, flashing kit etc and it is to go in an attic bedroom with easy access. Thanks

Got your email, I’ll give you a ring tomorrow.

Don’t forget the Velux needs to be fitted under a Building Control notice so you’ve £180 to pay the council.

I rgently need a roofer to repair a roof. Water is coming in through the bedroom when it rains. I gave now had 5 roofing companies let me down with this. Can anyone help.

I rgently need a roofer to repair a roof. Water is coming in through the bedroom when it rains. I gave now had 5 roofing companies let me down with this. Can anyone help.

What area are you ?

Just asking as 'may' have an hour or so spare tomorrow but after a tough week i dont fancy a drive across town :-(

Im in S6 tomorrow and live in S10 so if your local to that i'll probably have time to take a look for you.

Edited by dan2802

Hi, My garage roof needs replacing and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations . It is a flat roof and we are in S35.

Hi, My garage roof needs replacing and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations . It is a flat roof and we are in S35.

Rubber roof or fibreglass ?? Regards jordan