Roofer recommendations megathread - NO JOBS, ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Hi does anybody know which local roofing companies undertake all the work themselves using their own full time permanent tradesmen and provide a genuine insurance backed written guarantee? I'm talking about a residential re-roof - tiles, batons and under felt. Thanks :)

Not looking for quotes - just suggestions of reputable companies that meet the above criteria. :)

I've looked into insurance backed guarantees but the cost was ridiculous, something that I thought would make my prices uncompetitive.

As a small business (I have one employee) I do use sub contract labour but I ensure I am on site at all times and I personally carry full responsibility.

Hi I agree with Dan for small company's to provide insurance backed gaurente it not viable and half the time there not worth what you pay we provide our own gaurentes.

I need to a quote for a fiberglass ground floor flat roof 6-8m2

Edited by red1

Hi happy to call and provide a quote for you all work carried out is garented thanks lee@jnm 07747800596

I need to a quote for a fiberglass ground floor flat roof 6-8m2

Whats the current covering?

Is upgraded insulation required?

Are the falls all OK?

If you can post a picture it may give us a better chance to price.

Who ever you use, just make sure that its boarded with 18mm osb. I've seen some right bodge jobs.

Dan (Dan2802) is fab! He popped round to check the roof and shared his thoughts and also gave a quote. Very efficient and knowledgeable. Will definitely call if I want to proceed any further.

Window is leaking in my bedroom, Had a look at sealant outside OK, cleaned gutters but not the problem. Worse when raining heavily and wind blowing, I think problem is above the window at roof/gutter area, can anyone help me or know anyone who can have a look. Have to get someone off internet if not, but a bit wary of cowboys. I live in the handsworth area of sheffield

Edited by berresville
Area of sheffield included

Sometimes wind can blow water back under the slates or tiles which should overhang the gutters. There is a piece of kit that can prevent this but its name escapes me at this moment. It is slipped up under the roofing material and down into the gutter. Builders merchants should be able to help if you have ladders and can do it yourself.

Is there any lead valleys in the area ./ If so could be split in lead and water running down spars IF not may be as M M. says but get a roofer do not go on the roof your self .Hospital full of D.I.Y. ROOFERS dont even think about it :hihi::loopy:

Edited by spider1

Any recommendations for leaking roof repairs? There's a small leak in attic - think it's the chimney flashing. Thanks

The thing I was talking about is an eves guard specially shaped plastic slips under the edge of the tiles/ slates Might need two people to do it from ladders.