Roofer recommendations megathread - NO JOBS, ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Frederick Croft (Contractors) Ltd

28 Dykes Hall Road, , Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S6 4GN

Tel: 0114 234 3762, Fax: 0114 2334669

Email: f_croft@hotmail.com Web: http://www.f-croft.freeserve.co.uk

I can heartily recommend this company, they did a fantastic job for me after a different contractor had badly botched a job and refused to accept liability. They may not be the cheapest but I found them knowledgable and helpful. Also members of National Federation of Roofing Contractors. A cheap job is all well and good but I don't think you should skimp on a roof the consequences of a badly or poorly fit roof can be heartbreaking and costly.

Dalton Roofing (number in the yellow pages) just did some work for me, were fast (quote on same day, job booked within the week), efficient, tidy, polite and have done a great job.

GOFF ROOFING - pm me for number - fast, friendly and efficient - over 30 years experience in all aspects of roofing.

Dalton roofing did some work on my roof. it seemed a bit expensive to me but the insurance company was paying so i wasn't very bothered - but they seem to have done a good job.

Thanks every one!!! thats really helpfull!

desperatly need someone to come sort my roof out. the letting agency are obviously bored of phone calls and have switched fone onto permanent answerfone.

Not being funny, but the wind is really agressive tonight, would there be any point in someone coming tonight and then probably having to come again tomorrow after the wind has caused further damage?

Can you not put plastic sheets/buckets down to try and avoid as much damage as possible, and then you will have to speak to your insurance about it.

it is the WHOLE LENGTH of the conservatory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you think plastic sheets would make any difference?

No one in their right mind is going to want to do ur roof tonight! If the wind blows big trees down it could certainly blow a person off of your roof.

I can tell you for a fact no reputable roofer will come out and do anything tonight the weather is to dangerous plastic sheets will do no good in this weather you will just have to sit it out and wait for it ti calm down and hope no more damage is caused