Roofer recommendations megathread - NO JOBS, ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Try Richard Hanson Roofing

Try this guy, Dan. He's very friendly and did a great job on our leaky bay.

http://www.sheffield-roofline.com/

Cheers Brian.

If it's a 'standard' single garage i can offer to re-roof if using a GRP solution which is significantly superior to felt for less than you have been quoted.

I do have to advise that I have jobs waiting as the weather has to be favourable!!!

Contact details are on the URL below should you require a free quote or just advice.

The words "good" and "cheap" are rarely compatable!

Agreed, I do good (and reasonable!!).

try city roofing, ace guy called Darren runs it, and he is a very reasonable guy.

hi ive had a few quotes from various roofers , dobson roofing , dalton roofing , ascot roofing and hill top roofing , the quotes from dalton and dobson are well over £1k for a standard garage roof just to reboard and felt.

the 2 quotes from ascot and hilltop are good prices but i want to know if anyone has had them work on there propertys before and was it ok , thanks:)

Please try MJ Roofing on 01709 582010 ask for Joe, he does a sterling job and reasonable too. Tell him Richard passed his details on.

jim beardow of beashem asphalt top bloke and no1 roofer

I have used a chap called Steve he is 1st class, Excellent prices and a down to earth guy, nothing was too much trouble for him he has done mine and my sister.

A flat roof for my sister a full re-roof for me. It was one of the best quotes I have had and they didn't leave a speck of dirt or rubbish behind.

I can't find his card at the mo, but his tel no is Sheff 2213618

You can tell him Claire recommended him if you give him a call I was on the phone to him yesterday giving him my friends detail for him to quote her.

Does anyone have a number for a decent carpet fitter please.Or would I be better with a new post?

Edited by claire@mfc

Opps sorry had to update the post I put the wrong tel number on!

Hope you have sorted something.

im sorted now with ascot roofing in dronfield , top price.

we have an oldish house (1910-1920?) with a cut roof that has an attic room in it. The room 'walls' are just a 4x2 partition with plaster lathe but the 4x2 appears to be structural (ie if I cut it out the roof will probably collapse) and the wood is untreated

Need to find someone who knows what they are doing to move the partition walls towards the eaves and make the room a decent size. Also to put in a dormer window (dont like Velux and it wouldnt suit the house) and some decent celotex style insulation where the lathe is currenty. May need some improved ventilation too I dont know

any suggestions for good roofer or approx cost. The best roofer I have ever met is no longer with us and the one guy we have had round didnt seem bothered about doing a quality job

I would move the radiator myself and strip out the old plaster lathe myself to keep down cost/mess

ta