Roofer recommendations megathread - NO JOBS, ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Hi we have recently had quotes for a new roof on our mid terrace and ours is getting done at the end of the month. We had several quotes (all for exactly the same work and materials) and they ranged from around £2000 to nearly £4000. Prices vary a lot so get a few quotes. If you search on the forum you will find threads where other people have recommended roofers. I think the price you are quoted often depends on how much work the company has got on. If they need the custom their quotes will be cheaper than if they have loads of work and aren't really bothered whether they get the job or not.

check out recommendations for ROOFADE on the forum :) quoted me happy and great work done

We have recently had our mid terrced house reroofed. We used the roofing company CD Roofing. We are very happy with our new roof and we were impressed by their friendly attitude, use of a good scaffolding company and the fact that they did what they said they would do when they said they would do it. We were also pleased with the price which seemed very fair.

I live in a terraced house. we've recently had a damp/wet patch appear on the chimney breast in our attic bedroom - not sure if it's related to the chimney stack or the roof - or whether it's our problem or the neighbours or both!

Any recommendations for someone reliable to look at this gratefully received - thanks!!

Daltons - after I shelled out hundreds on cowboys. They put me a new roof on my terrace for 3.5k and they came out and patched my flat roof for free just before I moved house.

Try Craig his mobile number is 07980977701 and is very good and reliable

forgot to add his company is called CD Roofing and he has a website, just do a search and you will get all his details and references

Anyone got any recommendations for a good roofer? I'm in S6 and need the whole roof doing on my mid-terrace plus the offshot kitchen. Might also get a velux window fitted as well.

Any idea as to a rough cost as well so I can start looking at how much of my savings will be raided?

Thanks

hi rock baboon i recently had my reroof done on my home the work was carried out by a company called ROOFADE they were a team of 3 men who went about the task of stripping the entire roof and disposing of all the rubble , they then covered all the roof in a waterproof underfelt before recovering the roof with new modern tiles,they even insulatrd the loft while they were at it,i found the price very fair,they were not the cheapest but by no way were they the most expensive,all the work was fully gauranteed for 25years,they also do building and kitchens as well.i would be happy to use adrian again should the need arise.feel free to contact him yourself his number is 07776386658 i hope you find him as pleasant as i did